The Requirements Join us in London as an API Engineer
What you'll do
- We're expanding our partner and broker integrations and we need your help to build out our API's and integrations
- You'll evaluate and debate as a tech team on architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business
As an API Engineer, you'll be making sure the technology stack is constantly enhanced by working closely with the product team in adding new features and ensuring defects are resolved in a timely manner. You'll be leveraging your technical skills to successfully deliver enhancements and tooling improvements that enable the business to confidently operate and grow at pace.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Evaluating architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business
- Working closely with Platform Engineering to deploy robust and scalable cloud based services
- Responsible for the technical design, code quality, test coverage, application scalability and security
- Promoting what we do to the wider bank and technology industry
To succeed in this role, you'll be used to delivering cloud native, safe, robust, scalable and secure code in a fast, considered and consistent manner.
You'll also demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Extensive production experience of React.JS, Next.JS, Styled Components, Node.JS, Jest, NPM and rest based API integration
- Good knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tooling, including Github, MS Azure continuous deployment and Terraform
- Experience of Microsoft Azure web apps and functions, Microsoft cognitive services, single page and progressive web apps and micro-service architecture
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .