The role will be development focussed but will include a some business analysis. Key responsibilities will be:
• Looking after the database performance. As a key SQL expert in the team the focus will be on ensuring a stable and predictable system. The IDS system will becoming increasingly important to Schroders and must be able to scale.
• Ensure effective monitoring and baselines are in place and reviewed. Using these to inform future developments and focus.
• To work as part of a development team developing robust enterprise wide solutions for the front office utilising industry standard practices and technologies. Delivering low maintenance robust applications to budget and deadline.
• To liaise with project teams, line manager and development leads to ensure accurate delivery.
• To follow and support the full project lifecycle.
• To support the business in the day to day use of front office applications, efficiently managing and resolving any issues arising.
• To liaise with the front office in order to accurately identify and document business requirements. Person Profile:
• The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in development and have some experience of business analysis.
• They will be adept at SQL performance tuning: getting a predictable and stable system is core.
• Has experience of database administration and development
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
• Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
• Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines
• Consultative approach coupled with a "can-do" attitude
• Strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills
• Team player building strong relationships with team and business clients Competencies: Essential
o SQL ServerDevelopment and Administration
o SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
o T-SQL Development
o Automation experience
o SQL Server Data Tools
o SQL Server 2016, SQL Azure
o Data Warehousing
o Database Administration
o Team Foundation Server with automated builds and deployment
o C# and .NET framework
• Experience working using AGILE process
• Good knowledge of capital market products. (Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives)
• History of delivering high quality global solutions to a demanding user base
• Experienced in use of change management processes
• Experience of the full project lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering through to implementation and on-going support