See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB The Reality Management Division (RMD) looks after a multi-billion dollar portfolio of real estate positions. On any one day we might be building a Solar Farm in Asia, renovating an apartment complex in the Americas and selling a hotel business in Europe. RMD Technology is the software engineering team that is dedicated to the Reality Management Division. We create the tools that RMD used to manage their portfolio. We have teams working on three broad sets of projects: o Data modelling, ETL and data stewardship o Modelling real estate investments as financial products o Web-based tools for investment management, reporting and automation.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Partner with business users to identify, analyse, and define complex business requirements and to propose innovative solutions
- Collaborate with colleagues across the globe to design and develop those solutions
- Resolve issues by working the business, with colleagues across the globe and with back-office teams through to the resolution of the event
- Optimize systems and resources by working individually or with regional teams
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Solid knowledge of Java, Python or a similar
- Object Oriented design and implementation experience
- Ability to cope with multiple demands on time and prioritize accordingly and communicate impact
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science or a Maths / Science / Engineering discipline
- Good communication skills. You will be working directly with the business
- Ready to take on new challenges. You will be working with bespoke technologies including our in-house language Slang/SecDB
- Ability to follow existing standards and architecture guidelines
- Ability to participate in code reviews
- Basic relational database skills and knowledge of SQL
- Basic relational database skills SQL / DDL
- Experience developing applications and deploying applications to Production
- MongoDB/noSQL experience is a plus for our data management projects
- Web application development including React or AngularJS is a plus for our investment management project
- Experience with academic research, real estate asset management or interest rate swap pricing is useful for our real estate modelling project
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.