Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Loan Participation team are part of the Transaction Processing Unit, within the Operations Division for EMEA. Transaction Processing provides efficient and accurate processing, ranging from single touch, single entry to multi-touch, complex transaction processing.
Main purpose of the role:
The Loan Participation team is responsible for managing MUFG Bank’s operational obligations as lender across a portfolio of Syndicated and Bilateral Loans, and for managing events on each Facility in accordance with the Facility Agreements, internal rules and Market practice.
In this role, you will be responsible for loans across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
The Loan Participation Analyst will work under the guidance of Line Management to input and verify daily work to ensure completion of daily obligations including accurate booking of Loans, Fees, Bank income, Guarantees, Commitments, Risk and Sub Participation and escalating to Line Management when necessary.
The successfucul individual must deal with scheduled and unscheduled events, issues and queries of which, must be dealt with quickly and efficiently & be administered in accordance with the relevant Facility Agreement and/or purchase.
Skills and competencies required:
- Completion of daily obligations in accordance with Facility Agreements, Head Office rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for the accurate input of work, and verification of transactions.
- Proactively manage events related to portfolio of Facilities, including fee and loan related claims, calculations, advices, rate-fixing, and settlements.
- Provide assistance, as requested, to line management in the control of daily work flows to ensure timely completion of daily obligations.
- Escalation to Line Management of any issues that may affect a particular facility or event.
- Ability to locate and use simple clauses in the Facility Agreement to determine appropriate actions
- Provide general support to facilitate the implementation of projects as and when necessary
- Communicate and negotiate with a variety of Stakeholders, including Front Office, Lenders and Borrowers in order to administer events on a portfolio of loans.
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Operate as product specialist providing subject matter expertise where required.
- Previous experience of working in a manual operations environment.
- Experience of working in a fast moving environment under time pressure whilst retaining strong attention to detail.
Education / Qualifications:
- Previous experience of Loan Operations an advantage
- Strong computer literacy skills, Microsoft office etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.