Application Security, Senior Consultant to Senior Manager, Cyber Security, Risk Advisory, London
The first SQL injection became known to the world around Christmas 1998. 20 years later, the world of software and application security is still extremely complex, challenging, and attractive for hackers as well as skilled security software engineers. The Deloitte Cyber Security team provides consulting services to customers across the industries (from multinational corporations to small regional players), working together on the quest of increasing the security in software and applications. We are looking for builders, breakers and defenders. Your role Topics and type of engagements you can expect to work on:
- Building security into the software development life cycle, and Agile sprints, and DevOps projects.
- Manual and automated security code reviews. Static and Dynamic application security test using tooling such as Checkmarx, Fority, Webinspect, Veracode, and others.API security
- Providing security within Continuous integration, development and releases processes.
- Providing secure coding training to customers.
- Vulnerability management within secure software development lifecycle (SSDLC)
Your work, your choice
- Directing team members in terms of content and professional skills.
- Be able to communicate a strong vision towards clients regarding SSDLC
- End to end project management of SSDLC related projects.
- Perform a QA role on project deliverables and provide a high quality result.
- Financial monitoring of projects you manage.
- Advise customers and propose technical solutions which both fit within the customer environment and that might be integrated with other Cyber Risk Advisory services.
- Client relationship management.
- Manage relations with market, suppliers and SSDLC security expert groups.
- Be proactive on the topic of business development and acquisition of new projects and in your field of expertise.
- Adding value to commercial processes and expanding the network of senior stakeholders at our clients.
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements .
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel"
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Your professional experience
Candidates should have at least a Computer Science (Bachelors) degree or similar and a drive to keep developing themselves. Education as Application Security professional will never stop and we expect our professionals to keep developing themselves and keep up-to-date with current techniques and new vulnerabilities. In exchange, we provide an extensive training and development program, access to conferences. We welcome you in our Capture the Flag Hack.ERS team. We expect understanding of security concepts (e.g. OWASP, SANS, CVE) and experience and passion in software engineering (coding background). As the majority of the work will be performed on-site for Dutch and international client base, we expect strong communication skills, and professional proficiency of the English language. What are we looking for?
Your service line Your service line: Risk Advisory
- Demonstrable relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of secure software development processes, such as SAMM, BSIMM, ISO27034.
- Extensive experience in conducting and managing SSDLC projects.
- Good leader, excellent communication skills (spoken and written), the ability to lead a project, able to head teams (Customer and/or Deloitte team) and build good business relations.
- A holistic understanding of security, good overview of all aspects within security (prevention, detection and response) and relevant certifications (such as such GICSP, CISSP, CISM) are value added.
- A team player who is eager to both experts in their own field, as well as with experts from other Deloitte collaborate on the best solutions for our customers.
- Experience in working in a commercial environment is a plus.
- Stress-resistant, flexible and accurate.
- Above all, we are looking for a new colleague who combines a passion for security with a keen interest in creating secure software. Do you want to combine fast software development with creating secure software? Do you think security should help organizations to move faster? Then we might share the same line of thinking and approach and would love to get to know you!
We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood
special award in 2016. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 164811