Assistant - MWS Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role holder is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely completion of one interdependent process action for a particular product or sets of products within regulated standards.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Transaction Processing "Efficiently and effectively process routine transactions in accordance with guidelines / standards
- Able to understand what 'quality work' is and strives to execute tasks and assignments accurately (error-free processing)
- Consistently exceed productivity, accuracy and timeliness norms
- Identify and escalate process improvement or cost reduction solutions
- Cross skilled across a number of different process elements and product areas
- Customer centric - understand that the action taken has an impact on the customer directly or indirectly and relates error-free processing to customer
- Know and understand end customers and their expectations / business needs from transactions processing
- Understand customers' requirements, able to apply them and guide others
- Able to generate and implement improvement ideas for error-free processing and for exceeding customer expectations
- Control and Risk Mitigation Adhere to laid out processes and procedures while completing process actions
- Proactively identify, assess and mitigate risk issues
- Identify errors and omissions resulting from routine process actions and proactively mitigate
- Ensure appropriate and adequate documentation is in place for process actions
- Work Management
- Prioritise and schedule own work accordingly to meet workload peaks and troughs
- Communicate own work plan issues (including sudden changes at transaction level) and escalate potential 'bottlenecks'
- Provide team leader with potential solutions to capacity constraints (ie volunteering to shift between teams to handle high volumes)
- Generic measures of the role (includes both qualitative and quantitative metrics)
- Number, accuracy and speed of transactions processed within guidelines / standards
- Meet individual service targets
- Error rates, especially those leading to operational losses
- Throughput v own capacity
- Ideas that lead to process improvements (cost, time, service improvement)
For this Junior position our Ideal Candidate:
- Is seeking their first Banking role
- Able and motivated by paramount need to work to challenging deadlines
- Will thrive on working closely within their team
- Have strong communication skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.