We are currently looking for an Assistant Fund Manager to join our Real Estate Long Income Team. The role will involve working alongside both the Head of Long Income and the Fund Manager of the REaLM (Return Enhancing and Liability Matching) Ground Rent Fund, to assist in the management of the existing portfolio of residential and commercial freehold ground rent investments, together with sourcing, creating and acquiring suitable investments for our growing mandates.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Fund Manager to join our Real Estate Long Income within the Aviva Investors (AI) Real Assets Team. The role will involve working alongside both the Head of Long Income and the Fund Manager of the REaLM (Return Enhancing and Liability Matching) Ground Rent Fund, to assist in the management of the existing portfolio of residential and commercial freehold ground rent investments, together with sourcing, creating and acquiring suitable investments for our growing mandates.
The position is multi-faceted and requires several skills; this includes the ability to identify and source suitable investments and manage the end to end transaction process for acquisitions. Once onboarded, the candidate will be actively involved with the ongoing management of the Fund, working alongside the Fund Manager, business support teams within AI and our external Asset Management team. This role is collaborative, and the suitable candidate should enjoy working within a team environment. As the role develops, it will become more visible to investors and their advisors. The candidate will also be expected to participate in industry and client events to further advance both the Long Income division and the overall firm's reputation and profile.
The successful applicant will provide a supporting role to the existing Fund Manager to achieve agreed performance objectives.
Growth of Fund - Sourcing and Delivery
- Creating and enhancing external relationships with key stakeholders - public sector entities, investment agents, real estate investors, Fund Valuers, lawyers, construction professionals, managing agents, etc.
- Collaborating with colleagues (Fund Managers, Asset Managers, Origination Manager and Heads of Sectors) to structure, source, create and acquire suitable investment products that are in accordance with Long Income fund strategies
- Ensuring that internal documentation is prepared to a high standard
- Support financial modelling and analysis of all acquisitions
- Maximising performance and structural optimisation through value enhancement opportunities, sales and cost control
- Ensuring clear communication of Aviva Investors mandates' investment requirements to the wider real estate market
- Enhancing Aviva Investors profile and standing in the wider real estate market.
- Working with the wider real assets team to effectively translate high level strategic views into portfolio composition
- Working with the wider real assets team to present to existing and potential new clients to support the development of the Aviva Investors Real Assets business
- Identifying, creating and pursuing new acquisition opportunities in the UK
- Supporting the end to end origination & transaction process
- Leading the due diligence process and securing internal approvals in accordance with funds' authority levels and in line with internal processes
- Preparing to a consistent high quality appropriate internal documentation to successfully complete the due diligence and internal approval processes
- Making sure that new acquisitions are underpinned by a robust and practical business plan that is supported and can be implemented by the asset management team
Reporting & Market Knowledge
- Building relationships to keep up to date with industry trends and investment insight
- Analysing market conditions and investment environment to start to develop informed investment opinions
- Work with the Fund Manager, Investment Specialist and analyst team to deliver best in class client reporting through regular updates and as part of client facing meetings.
- Working with the Fund Manager to drive the creation and updating of Fund Strategy Plans and communicating these to investors through presentations and reporting
- Identifying and implementing sales in accordance with stated fund strategy and business plans
- Maintaining an ongoing brief alongside the asset manager to identify and implement value enhancement opportunities across the portfolio
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across Aviva Investors to implement strategies to manage risk, optimize profits and enhance performance
- Liaising with asset managers on key matters, undertaking regular meetings, updates & disseminating information to the broader AI team to make decisions as required
- Monitor the performance of the asset managers against their KPI and attend on site meetings as required
- Knowledge of long lease property investment management, with experience in identifying & delivering investment opportunities
- Solutions orientated, with experience of commercial negotiations
- Understanding of long lease structures and accounting and tax implications for investors and counterparties
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent, or CFA / Accountancy qualification
- Existing experience and knowledge of the investment acquisition process.
- Collaborator with excellent team skills.
- Ability to develop a network of key stakeholder contacts
- Strong appraisal & analytical skills.
- Good presentation &communication skills - able to explain complex financial details to clients and customers in a straightforward way.
- IMC or equivalent preferred or willing to undertake course.