Associate Director - C#/SQL Developer
We seek an experienced, technically strong C#/SQL developer to undertake a combination of strategic development, and application support. He or She will be expected to be very hands on, delivering on projects and growing the team's technical capabilities so it can undertake more strategic projects and full software life cycle responsibility. He or she will contribute to fulfilment of the overall technical direction of the group dictated by the Global Development Lead. Experience Level: 10 -15 years. Key Responsibilities
Essential Skills & Experience
- Design and develop software solutions in an agile environment to solve complex financial business problems
- Immerse in the business domain, identifying innovative solutions and technologies that could benefit our business
- Where called upon, manage the work of developers offshore effectively communicating requirements and appraising work
- Work with the operations team to ensure technology platform is fit for purpose and acquire feedback for areas of improvement
- Provide technical direction, leadership and mentorship to junior team members engaging in application support as well as strategic development
- Own project lifecycles, from conception through to maintenance and support
- Strong Core C# skills including OO design patterns, multi-threading, asynchronous paradigms and distributed systems design
- Strong Database development experience including, SQL databases and Entity Framework
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with code repository and continuous integrations tools such as Jenkins & Git
- Demonstrable experience of working on highly-transactional, available and scalable business critical systems
- Application of Agile methodologies to improve efficiency and quality in software delivery
- Good understanding of software architecture; understanding component and application breakdown and interaction
For further information on the role please apply
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.