Associate Director - Content Acquisition & Strategic Alliances
JobDescription : Location
: London Grade
: 11 ( for internal purposes only ) The Role:
The Associate Director - CASA (Content Acquisition & Strategic Alliances) will support the centralized function within S&P Global responsible for the licensing, distribution and management of 3rd party content and services globally. This role will establish and manage relationships with various 3rd party content and services providers including stock exchanges (primarily in the EMEA & Americas regions), and help implement internal controls to ensure that use of such content and services contracts meet the needs of our businesses and ensure S&P Global's compliance with all terms and conditions. The successful candidate will be expected to establish and manage relationships with various 3rd party data sources and exchanges, be responsible for negotiating commercial and contractual terms related to the business's internal use and external redistribution of data across various proprietary products. This position will be based in London, UK. The Team
: The Content Acquisition and Strategic Alliances (CASA) team is the market data advisory group to the S&P Global organization. The CASA group currently manages this function for S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Ratings Services, S&P Global Platts and Kensho and is prepared to support and assume responsibility for additional businesses within S&P Global as well. CASA has a collaborative, proactive & strategic approach to content acquisition, data sharing, savings/synergies and governance. Responsibilities:
- Lead commercial deal and contractual negotiations - selecting vendors, negotiating commercial terms and finalizing into complete and executed agreements, obtaining necessary business stakeholder approvals, and managing rights and obligations post execution. For larger/broader partnerships, collaborate with other CASA colleagues, including the Head of CASA, as necessary.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the company's third party content and service providers (including stock exchanges), keeping up to date on the latest offerings and all associated market data policies. Forge solid relationships with all key internal stakeholders and understand their products, content and business needs.
- Work with the businesses to create strategies around product creation, enhancements and increased revenues and execute on strategies by presenting and procuring approvals and recommendations to either buy/acquire, organically create/build, or license content and related services.
- Partner with business stakeholders to review requests for additional content and services, clearly documenting and understanding each request. Create RFI/RFP's as necessary to send to prospective vendors, managing the process.
- Lead contract renewal process for all assigned vendors and agreements. Partner with business stakeholders to assess potential for re-evaluation and re-negotiation as may best benefit the evolving needs and budgets of the business.
- Ensure compliance with existing license grants, making recommendations to the business on potential risks and suggested actions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date summaries of all vendor relationships and related contracts and policy terms.
- Meet with business stakeholders and vendors, review news and periodicals, attend training and events to continuously grow and evolve knowledgebase of S&P's products and services, S&P's 3rd party vendor partners, and the overall financial information and market data industry.
- Implement and promote best practices globally, including identifying opportunities to optimize and leverage data sources across the organization. Abide by CASA standards and protocol, implementing new processes and procedures to evolve with the business and optimize the workflows of CASA and its value provided to the businesses CASA supports.
- Coordinate and facilitate the sharing of data and information assets between and among the S&P Global businesses while following the prescribed guidelines of the S&P Global Data Sharing Framework.
- Proven experience focused on financial information/market data vendor relationship management, contract negotiations and overall market data management (with experience of managing stock exchange relationships a plus).
- Knowledge of financial information and market data industry - including various vendors and products available in the marketplace (and knowledge of stock exchanges' products and services and associated market data policies, as well as experience of 3rd party entitlement systems (e.g. DACs, DART) a plus).
- Strong negotiation skills and experience with reviewing, revising, and negotiating 3rd party data supplier/Stock Exchange agreements.
- Complex and creative commercial deal negotiation experience as well as strong aptitude for reviewing, revising, and authoring contract terms a must.
- Problem-solving and synergy cost savings analysis experience a must.
- Attention to detail, follow-through on projects and multi-tasking skills.
- Candidate must possess a solid knowledge of financial information and market data industry
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must have strong customer focus with demonstrated ability to be highly responsive and present solutions to requests and issues. CASA is a centralized business support team and function, and all business stakeholders within the firm are our customers.
- Comfortable liaising with internal stakeholders and external vendors at a variety of levels.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills with ability to influence.
- Excellent organizational and team building skills. Must be highly organized and self-directed with the ability to work autonomously and adapt to change.
- FISD Market Data certification (FIA) a plus.