Back End Engineer, Financial Crime
The Requirements Join Bó in London as a Back End Engineer - Financial Crime
What you'll do
- We're looking for an experienced senior engineer to dive in to solve technical, process and design problems
- You'll have responsibility for maintaining our financial crime estate from a technology perspective
- It's an opportunity to bring the full weight of your technical and non-technical expertise to a fast paced, collaborative environment
At Bó, you'll have a real opportunity to grow, working with back end technologies, including Kotlin, helping us deliver customer focused propositions, and experimenting with new ways of working. You'll be applying leading edge technologies and customer centric designs to deliver an exciting and innovative proposition.
As part of our Financial Crime team, you'll be shaping how we undertake and protect Bó and its customers from financial crime, harnessing and utilising new technologies and market leading tools, building systems from scratch and working with vendor products such as Featurespace ARIC, Threat Metrix and Black Swan Technologies.
The skills you'll need
- Shape and implement strategic products, and ensure that our proposition stays on the leading edge of technology
- Demonstrate a real passion for development and an appetite for continual learning
- Handle complex dynamics and exercise judgement in the development and implementation of strategic plans
You'll bring the ability and desire to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships across all levels and functions, along with strong delivery focus.
You'll have experience of hands-on development and delivery with a broad mix of languages and technologies, paired with a JVM background including Java, Kotlin or similar. Any financial crime, fraud or regulatory experience would be desirable.
You'll also need:
How we'll reward you
- Experience of working with Agile, Lean or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as code are valued but not essential
- Core engineering principles and experience of working in an environment where delivery is important and testing is taken seriously
- To be an analytical thinker, able to handle complex dynamics and exercise judgement in the development and implementation of strategic plans
- Strong personal drive and the ability to reshape, reconfigure and realign solution and delivery approaches as needed
- The ability to handle complex dynamics and exercise judgement in the development and implementation of strategic plans
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .