Man Group are looking to appoint an experienced Buy-Side Business Analyst to join our Order & Execution Management systems team. Candidates will have previous experience working in the Asset Management/Investment Management/Hedge Funds industry, and will have experience of OEMS. This is a permanent role offering fantastic career progression and benefits.
Man Group would like to recruit a Business Analyst to join the Order and Execution Management Systems delivery team in our London office.
The project team are responsible for driving and delivery of key strategic change initiatives across Man Group, which may be business (Front Office), Regulatory or Technology focused in nature.
Our projects are delivered using agile techniques, and it is important that our Business Analysts can identify 'slices' of functionality that can be delivered early and incrementally. As such, we are looking for an experienced BA with a track record of working in similar environments and with a wide range of stakeholders.
Purpose of the role
As a key member of the team, the Business Analyst will have ownership / responsibilities throughout the project lifecycle, projects will predominantly be focused within the Order and Execution Management systems delivery team but the candidate may be required to work on projects within broader areas as and when required; some level of project management across change may also be needed,
- Working closely with the business to analyse and understand their processes and requirements
- Working closely with the business and Product Owner's to ensure requirements are challenged, validated and add business value and with competing business demands and priorities;
- Have a positive attitude and approach tasks with enthusiasm, challenges requirements appropriately;
- can collaborate well with project stakeholders and capable of taking the lead in projects when required
- Ensure that in respect of all matters in your role, (including the planning and delivery of work), you understand and comply with all company policies, practices and statements relating to risk, compliance and confidentiality;
- Anticipate, identify and manage risk issues in accordance with those policies, practices and statements and escalate risk issues to the appropriate management level or committee as necessary.
Essential skills and experiences
- Proven track record working as a Business Analyst in the financial services sector;
- A broad asset class knowledge base, covering Equity, Fixed Income and Credit products, would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent analysis process - can talk through clearly how they go about understanding and documenting challenges, turning them into requirements and solutions;
- Ability to document in a very clear and unambiguous fashion;
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with traders, fund managers and senior business people alike;
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views.
- Solid industry experience, ideally buy side / asset management but strong business experience on the sell side may suffice;
- Understanding of the overall operating model of a hedge fund desirable;
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent problem solving, analysis and interpretation skills;
- Experience in an Agile software development and project delivery processes;
Highly desirable (nice to have)
- Understanding of Investment Management Trading operations (front to back) including areas such as operations and compliance;
- Commercial experience working previously within a technology team either as developer, business analyst, data analyst or support role;
- Experience of building and executing test plans;
- Basic knowledge of SQL, particularly MS SQL Server.
Diversity, Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man Group
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group also supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments on-site flu vaccinations, a daily food allowance, subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme