Business Analyst, Outsourcing Risk Management EMEA Lead - Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Feb 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Third Party Program Management (TPPM) group is a dedicated First line of Defense (LoD) function within Reengineering & Expense Management (REM) and the Finance division, established to more effectively manage risks associated with Morgan Stanley’s use of internal and external Third Parties to provide goods and services. TPPM is part of REM alongside Accounts Payable and Firmwide Sourcing.
TPPM’s key objectives are:
• Enable a firm-wide Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) program based in 1st LoD
• Implement a firm-wide TPRM strategy, processes and tools
• Execute due diligence and ongoing monitoring
• Implement clear, consistent information and reporting to identify; measure, monitor and manage firm-wide risks
• Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements
The role will be an EMEA lead, responsible for supporting the TPPM’s Regulatory Governance, Processes, and Concentration Risk team in projects and activities relating to Third Party and outsourcing risk regulatory requirements, such as assessment and interpretation of outsourcing regulations, developing associated procedures and analysis of concentration risk. The EMEA lead will report to the Global Lead for the aforementioned functions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Support the Global Regulations and Procedures Lead in assessment and interpretation of outsourcing regulations in the EMEA region as well as policies and standards set by the 2LoD to translate them into specific processes and procedures for the TPPM team and other business stakeholders
• Support the Global Regulations and Procedures Lead in developing and maintaining global Third Party and outsourcing procedures, ensuring specific requirements for the EMEA region are captured; collaborate closely with other regional leads and TPPM stakeholders to ensure global consistency and alignment
• Assist Regulatory Relations and/ or Compliance with coordination and reporting for Third Party and outsourcing regulatory queries for the EMEA region
• Conduct concentration risk assessments working closely with subject matter experts in Corporate Services, Human Resources and Business Continuity Management.
• Provide project management support for change and regulatory remediation initiatives across the TPPM organization
• Support BU/Regional leads and TPPM Operations team by helping with training for implementation of TPPM procedures
The successful candidate will have experience in areas related to internal control and risk management, including Third Party and outsourcing risk. More specifically, qualifications ought to include:
• Experience in global Banking or Financial Services organizations, preferably in roles relating to Third Party and outsourcing risk management
• Basic understanding of regulatory requirements for managing of Third Party and outsourcing risk in Financial Services organizations, including working knowledge outsourcing regulations
• Good knowledge of internal control and risk management in global Financial Services organizations
• Experience in developing and maintaining process and procedural documentation is desirable
• Excellent English writing skills with ability to flex messaging to audience is required
• Strong project management skills, including ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams with varied backgrounds and skills
• Demonstrated analytical capabilities along with the ability to translate analysis into actions and results
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and proven ability to effectively interact with team members, clients, and peers, earning their trust and establishing credibility
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.