Business Process Analyst/Specialist
Job title: Business Process Analyst/Specialist Location: 50 BANK STREET, CANARY WHARF, LONDON E14 5NT Salary: COMPETITIVE Job summary:
The Business Process Analyst/Specialist will be cross trained as a subject matter expert to complete client new business / fund activity and complete and support UK Transfer Agency (TA) business queries, system set-up, key initiatives, UAT and regression testing, required project work and operational readiness. The role will also include understanding the relationship and liaising with Fund Accounting, Custody, Depositary and IOO departments within Northern Trust and externally. The main duties and responsibilities of the job include:
• To be a technical and subject matter expert on new business for UK TA on all fund activity projects, e.g. fund launches, fund activity, client on-boarding, as allocated by the manager. Interacting with clients, external third parties, business teams and linked GFS departments, supporting business/client queries raised by TA business teams
• Attend or run external client calls to go through current activity scheduled or for specific projects
• Develop good relationships with clients and third party providers to benefit the new business/fund activity role and TA department
• Complete, quality check and maintain client specific account set-up on all TA systems, including Icon Retail, PS Financials, Data Governance Tool, FAILS, EMX, EXP-AG
• Review existing procedures, processes and problems, making recommendations for improvements and managing rollout of agreed new procedures
• Write proposals and business requirements for system changes/enhancements. Implements new efficiencies to improve accuracy and timeliness and reduce costs and risk.
• Regression testing completion or sign off for large and small change projects/changes, including Icon Retail upgrades and document changes
• New Client / Fund activity / transition Unit Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Client Joint UAT (JUAT)
• Interact with external system providers (e.g. LineData Services, PS Financials) Person Criteria for the Job: Qualifications
• University Degree or equivalent desirable but not essential Experience
• Strong knowledge of TA within the banking/financial services industry, together with the regulatory environment of the sector
• Experience with Client Asset Source Book (CASS) regulations
• Strong client focus gained from either banking/investment or asset management company
• Process/Business analysis and improvement experience is desirable
• Experience of training others
• Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat
• Proficiency in Visual Basic to create Excel Macros, Visio and MS Project - desired but not essential
• Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skill - both oral and written
• Excellent Project Management skills - plans work in an efficient manner and able to set and work to obtainable deadlines
• Good analytical and strong time management skills Systems
• Detailed knowledge of Icon Retail, PS Financials, Data Governance Tool, FAILS, EMX, EXP-AG and other related TA applications
• Understanding of how TA systems link and interface to other systems and an appreciation of how to implement such interfaces
• Experience in acceptance testing and regression testing of new releases of TA software
• Experienced in training the trainer in the use of new and existing TA systems / processes Process Skills
• Analytically and procedurally competent to represent the team on cross-function TA processes or project deliverables
• Ability and desire to adhere to automation and standardisation of TA processes and propose enhancements
• Ability to provide input into long term strategy for department Client Service
• Demonstrate an ability to deliver excellent client service
• Proven ability to meet SLAs and project deadlines
• Collaborate and consult with managers and project/assignment stakeholders with ease. Prepare and recommend solutions to project/assignment issues and risk factors. Provide regular updates to the stakeholders on project status How to apply:
Please apply via the link below.
Applicants have four weeks from the date of posting (4 October 2019) to apply for this vacancy. The closing date for applications is 1 November 2019. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview. Recruitment agencies will not be responded to.
This advert will expire on 1 November 2019. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.