Business / Data Analyst
Business Data Analyst - Strong Excel Skills essential £42k
Our client, a global services company, require the services of a proficient excel user to help turn data into information and create compelling stories and presentations.
The position requires an analytical thinker who is comfortable working with large data sets and has the ability to translate that data into a story. The position requires an advanced level of skill with Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint. The analyst will also be given the opportunity to learn how to create executive-level dynamic dashboards using PRO's BI tool. This role may also be expected to attend presentations and speak to the work that they perform.
- Apply critical thinking and advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge to provide analytical support for client requests
- Identify trends in large datasets that will enable the client to adjust strategic direction
- Create detail-oriented presentations designed to inform client management of quarterly achievements of their contingent labor program
- Create data visualizations that enable the reader to quickly reach actionable conclusions
- Perform research to identify trends, interpret legislative news, and create market rate recommendations
- Work with internal and external customers to deliver on-target, value-added solutions and results to complex and strategic challenges
- Identify areas for process improvement, both strategic and tactical
- Build relationships with key client personnel
- Work independently in detail-oriented environment
The client is flexible on the background and previous roles that you will of come from but there is a preference for finance / financial analysis / consultancy background.
Essential elements are Excel Proficiency including Vlookups, IF Statements and Pivot Tables - a test will have to be passed before an interview is extended.
You will be required in the London office 2 days a week and have the chance to work remotely for 3 days a week.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.