A fantastic opportunity has arisen to be the CAO of an entrepreneurial business leader in financial services that has stakes in hedge funds, technology, asset management and real estate alongside the wider family office business interests.
This is a very exciting role to work alongside an individual who has a number of ideas but needs someone who can put those ideas in reality but at the same time recognise the indivudal is an entrepeneur and will work in a less structured way of thinking and needs to be able to manage that!
The over-arching requirements of the role is to be commercially astute and able to bring a highly effective execution capability over the projects. To work closely with the Founder and the responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to, the following:
- Highly organized and effective project manager able to execute and oversee multiple projects and initiatives.
- Ensuring that the Founder’s priorities are clearly articulated, communicated and that an effective and rigorous reporting mechanism is embedded to drive accountability and successful execution.
- Design and development of suitable management reporting systems to ensure rigorous and effective oversight of all businesses and investment activities.
- Development and implementation of initiatives, and the tracking of progress on stated priorities. This will include delivering a technology solution to enable the Founder to monitor projects in real time remotely.
- Ensuring the Founder’s time and focus is continually optimized.
- Capturing and distributing critical meeting decisions, next steps and overseeing those responsible so they complete agreed actions.
- Ensuring the Founder is well briefed ahead of meetings and events: drafting supporting material as needed.
- Management oversight and responsibility for personnel.
- Acting as Board representative for the businesses as required, ensuring the Founder’s interests as stakeholder are protected and promoted.
- Anticipating the needs of the Founder and providing the appropriate support and guidance to ensure staff are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Fostering productive and collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Promoting the distinctive culture that the Founder embraces and embedding it across the group.
Personal competencies skills and experience
- The CAO will need to have a strong professional background with significant experience of complex project management.
- Exceptional EQ to engage diplomatically, constructively and collaboratively with senior management
- A deep understanding of technology and its use in promoting efficient and effective decision making and collaboration across a diverse group.
- Multi-asset and/or public or private funds, especially hedge funds and/or direct investment experience would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
- An understanding of FinTech businesses would be helpful but not a requirement.
- Given the diverse and substantial commitments of the Founder, the individual will need to be highly organized and diligent.
- Mental dexterity to address a wide array of situations and, in addition to being trusted counsel, the ability to ‘get the job done’.
- Candidates who have done an MBA and looking to utilise that this could represent a really interesting opportunity
A unique opportunity and could appeal to a wide audience who have those demosntrable skills in fund management.