CIB Operations - Securities Services Operations - Change - VP
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank(CIB):
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader acrossbanking, markets and investor services. The world's most importantcorporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business inmore than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategicadvice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets aroundthe world. J.P. Morgan Securities Services:
J.P. Morgan Securities Services - global leaderwith $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investorsaccess to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicingof securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange andLiquidity Solutions. The Securities Services business is comprised of Custody,Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, andother activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternativefunds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to helpclients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broadrange of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateralmanagement and alternative investment services. The Role
The SecuritiesServices Operations & Global Market Infrastructures team is embarking on a strategically importantglobal, multi-year programme to improve Operational STP, efficiency andautomation. A key enabler of the programme will be the creation of a strong ProjectManagement Office (PMO) function to ensure that delivery meets plannedexpectations and that execution risks are managed.
The Change Governance team is looking to hirea VP-level, London-based employee to support the PMO function for the programme.The successful candidate will be an experienced PMO practitioner able todemonstrate experience in setting-up and operating a PMO function within differentbanks and delivery functions and with the ability to confidently engage withsenior management.
Position Description Responsibilities
- Manage thedelivery of a portfolio of projects driving collaboration across the board andensure teams are working on high impact projects that align with definedmissions and goals
- Provide hands-onprogram management and manage priorities through planning and effectivecommunication including: articulating status and big picture to the projectteam and stakeholders, proactively identifying risk and managing escalations;
- Challenge projectand programme managers to provide quality assurance over inputs and governanceartefacts produced by the programmes
- Contribute andshare best practices on project management, change management, and SystemsDevelopment Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile principles and standards
- Extract andassess information from a variety of sources and present this information in aneasy to understand manner, using a variety of communication channels
- Produce statusreports for weekly management meetings and executive management meetings tofacilitate fact-based decision making
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
- Detailed understanding of PMO and project management fundamentals
- Demonstrable leadership qualities
- Ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, operate with high standards and integrity, and exhibit excellent ability to progress multiple streams of work at one time
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal - capable of managing expectations
- Ability to challenge status quo and support challenge with logical rationale
- Strong-willed individual with good gravitas
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to create high quality materials within a short space of time
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a positive 'can-do' attitude' and contribute to an energetic and motivated team environment
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify and address root causes
- Good conflict management skills to limit negative impact and increase positive outcomes
- Product knowledge for Custody or Fund Services not considered mandatory but desirable
- Educated to Bachelor or Master degree level
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.