Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
You will be focusing on the development of the strategic risk management platform and associated trading tools for the bank's xVA trading desk. This is a high profile role working on a strategic Front Office Risk Platform where you have the opportunity to directly impact the project's success and stand out. This is an excellent opportunity for those with a risk background to gain front office exposure.
The xVA desk is a global desk at Credit Suisse (CS) present in London, New York and Singapore that has responsibility for:
- Credit Valuation Adjustment (CVA) Calculation and hedging
- Collateral Adjusted Valuation (CAV) hedging
- Funding Valuation Adjustment (FVA) calculation and hedging
- Leverage ratio compression portfolio optimization
You will join the global xVA IT team as a senior developer in London, where their primary role will be to work closely with and support the activities of the xVA trading desk and regulatory project teams through technical innovation as well as providing technical and business leadership. This role provides an excellent opportunity to work closely with the front office and quant analysts in areas at the forefront of regulatory change and development in investment banking. It has significant scope for personal growth in terms of technical, business, project and people leadership.
The xVA IT team is responsible for the bank's strategic distributed risk system, extending it to support the xVA desk, including:
- Sophisticated risk analysis and reporting functionality
- Market and trade data interfaces
- Services to integrate the risk analytics engine with the trading application layer
- Distributed computation requirements including internal/external cloud, calculation performance, etc.
- Scenario and regulatory exposure calculations, including CCAR CVA and FRTB CVA
- Downstream feeds and reporting layer
- Provide ad hoc third line development support to the desk
Projects will range from major enhancements to improving controls/efficiency in existing flows, extending the applications for new business initiatives, and the implementation of newly developed in-house interfaces and technologies.
You will work as part of a global team with developers in London, New York and Wroclaw. They will be working in a dynamic front office environment and will therefore require self-motivation, enthusiasm and very good communication skills in addition to strong, broad ranging technical abilities.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working. You Offer
- Good C# knowledge with multi-threading and excellent design skills
- Good MS SQL Server and/or SSAS knowledge
- Preferably some experience in financial/trading related risk and instruments
- Have an understanding of market and trade data within an Investment Banking environment
- An inquisitive mind and the ability to dive into any technical problem
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) to interact with key stakeholders. We want you to contribute your interpersonal skills to our team.
For more information visit Technology Careers .
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.