Capital Markets Internship Programme - Corporate and Investment Banking London - Great Britain
About Societe Generale
31 million customers. 145,000 employees. 67 countries. But our success is built on the power of one: you. Whoever you are, wherever you come from and wherever you are going, we'll give you the support, opportunities and inspiration to create the career you've always wanted - and build a life that's uniquely yours.
With more than 30 years of innovation, the Global Markets team offers an integrated and cross asset set up in cash and derivatives, with a powerful engineering expertise capitalising on market leading structuring and trading skills on all asset classes.
Whilst experience is important, finding the right person who live and breathe our values is something we're passionate about. We've got to where we are today by being full of team spirit and driving innovation. If you're looking to build a lasting career here at Societe Generale, we encourage everyone to share the responsibility and commitment together What's in it for you?
Join us as an intern in either Fixed Income, Equity Derivatives or Engineering and discover a future where you can learn, discover and be yourself. At Societe Generale we're looking for driven and quick thinkers who can work in a high-pressured environment and have strong commitment to delivering impactful results. You'll have the opportunity to build a career in a working environment that values diverse experiences and backgrounds, and where you'll be encouraged to demonstrate your desire for new challenges. Be yourself join our team. Roles and Responsibilities
Profile Required Skills and Experience
- Eight-week internship scheme which will include various face to face interactions within a sales, trading or engineering environment which will aim to build the necessary experience to develop a career in the investment banking industry
- Provide administrative support to either fixed income, equity derivatives or engineering teams within front office revenue generating divisions
- Involvement with ad-hoc projects the team are currently working on to maximise project deliverables as well as hit the required timelines
- Shadow colleagues to gain a better understanding of business propositions and operations
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGP Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationship.
Why Join Us
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant IT skills
- Knowledge of regulations applying to the financial services industry, its staff and our clients
- Knowledge of internal risk management, compliance, AML procedures and constant vigilance in respect of them
- Reliability and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment. Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000RFK
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 18/11/2019
Date of publication: 04/10/2019