My client are looking for someone to help co-ordinate and support the investment team. This role will be very focused within operations to support the senior team members whilst assisting with the management of client’s portfolios. The role is not client facing, all relationships are managed by the Principals/Partners, however strong communication skills are required for frequent interactions with a multitude of third parties with whom they liaise.
Client Investment Execution
- Grasp a detailed understanding of the products their clients invest in, with specific attention paid to redemption requirements (incl. fund notice periods, gates, fees, lock up periods).
- Liaise with custodians to ensure investments are correctly transacted and settled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate internal calls, ensuring that clients receive the call letters with adequate prior notification for them to make the required payments by the deadline, or instruct them to arrange the payment from their custodian account.
Client Account Management
- Monitor client’s cash and securities accounts by closely managing the relationships with their custodians, trustees or other third-parties.
- Liaise directly with representatives of clients (e.g. trustees, advisors) on issues
- Regularly update client balance sheets and review holdings versus asset allocation targets.
- Respond to client calls and act as support to the Investment Principals and Partners in managing client relationships, where necessary.
- Work with Principals/Senior Associates reviewing the currency exposure of client portfolios.
- Prepare detailed forward foreign exchange contract instructions as necessary to adjust and obtain the client’s required underlying currency exposure within their portfolios.
- Track currency execution to completion by comparing trade confirmations to internal systems.
- Monitor client currency exposures to ensure FX hedges remain effective on an on-going basis.
Monthly and Quarterly Client Reporting
- Assist with the collection of client valuation data and with the entry of key data information.
- Submit quarterly/monthly client statements to client heads for further review.
- Prepare and review annual tax reports where required.
- Respond appropriately and professionally to client queries.
- Review billing calculations to ensure they are accurate and complete, and deal with client queries as they arise.
Client Account Opening & Ongoing Compliance
- Ensure that account opening documents are completely and accurately completed and filed.
- Ensure that regulatory and compliance rules are adhered to, especially around KYC/AML documentation.
The ideal candidate;
- Excellent academia, finance, maths, economics is preferred.
- Degree educated, 1st or 2:1
- Strong A levels (finance, maths, economics etc.. is preferred)
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a corporate environment