We are looking for an energetic, articulate and qualified individual to join the team here in the UK. The Commercial Associate would focus on two key areas: business development and operations management.
Assignments would vary, ranging from creating and qualifying prospect lists to helping to identify and execute firm-wide partnerships, through to assisting to manage the UK office’s accounts (P&L). The role is a challenging one and would expose the candidate to several business areas, with the reporting lines going directly to the Head of Smartkarma UK and the co-founders.
- Strategic Initiatives - Support management with ad-hoc assignments, including investor presentations, partnership structuring, market analysis, etc
- Business Development - execute business development focused initiatives, including creating and qualifying high-quality prospect lists and mapping prospective target markets
- Press Engagement - interact with press representatives to raise awareness of research on the Smartkarma platform
- Operations - Assist in managing the UK entity’s operations and manage relationships with external service providers
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who does not take himself/herself too seriously
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills, and effective business judgment
- Personable and presentable; candidate will need to communicate insights to executives and cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to continuously deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to handle multiple projects and ad-hoc requests simultaneously
- Candidates with experience in strategy consulting, corporate strategy, corporate finance, investment banking and/or institutional sales would be preferred
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office suite and Google suite
- Experience in spreadsheet and presentation software with the ability to run analysis and extract business insights
- Interest in financial services and technology
- Right to work in the UK
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
To all recruitment agencies
Smartkarma does not accept agency resumes. Smartkarma is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation Package: GBP 30-40k, along with employee benefits