WisdomTree was founded in 2006 with a passion for creating better ways to invest, by being the first investment manager to weight by dividends. We have never accepted the status quo and we think our investors shouldn’t either.
Since then, our European business has grown in terms of our product set and AUM. In April 2018, we completed the acquisition of ETF Securities' exchange-traded commodities, currencies and short-and-leveraged business, including the world’s first gold ETP.
Today we’re the biggest independent ETP provider globally and offer one of the most innovative ranges of ETPs, covering commodities, currencies, equities and fixed income. Adding value to investments is our passion and our reason for being. It’s what motivates us to challenge and innovate.
As we grow, and we keep redefining investment strategies that enable investors to outperform cap-weighted indices and to diversify their portfolios beyond traditional asset classes.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our in-house PR team. You will have a strong focus on UK PR, and you will act as a liaison in the day to day management of five European PR agencies and assist in overseeing European PR output.
In this hands-on role you will assist in the creation and execution of PR programmes in support of business initiatives, product launches, events and educational campaigns, integrated with our wider marketing and distribution plans. Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with UK media will be key.
You will be responsible for the management of reporting on PR activity and you will be involved in the assessment of our PR results in the UK and Europe by providing regular updates, coverage reports and feedback to in-house teams and agencies.
- Work closely with colleagues across marketing, sales, research and product development to deliver focused, and effective PR campaigns.
- Build strong relationships with spokespeople across the business, acting as counsel on PR and wider communications activities.
- Ensure PR activities are aligned with business objectives and consistent with global priorities and messaging.
- Support forward-looking PR activity linked to editorial calendars, conferences and speaking opportunities by maintaining relevant planning tools
- Generate coverage in target media by developing strong relationships with key UK journalists and leveraging European PR agencies.
- Provide day-to-day media liaison, working with both trade and national press on a regular basis, meeting journalists, and organising media briefings
- Ensure media lists are up-to-date, draft briefing notes, press releases and other ad-hoc PR materials
- Arranging and hosting media events across Europe
- Manage, plan and oversee reporting tools and provide regular assessment/feedback on coverage
- Keep abreast of upcoming awards submissions and manage end-to-end submission/nomination process
- A minimum of 3 years PR experience within another asset management firm or in an agency
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- A strong intellect, educated to degree level with journalistic flair and a sound judgement for media angles
- Existing relationships with journalists across retail, intermediary, institutional and broadcast channels
- A driven, motivated individual who is confident working independently and as part of a team
- An excellent understanding of the UK media landscape and drivers of news-flow.
- High level of attention to detail
- A proactive team player, enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- The ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment