BCS Global Markets is the Investment Banking division of BCS Financial Group. Launched in 2011, the firm provides Trading, Prime Brokerage, Investment Banking and Corporate Banking services to institutional, corporate clients and high net worth individuals. In addition to covering established internationally based firms, BCS Global Markets also helps small and medium sized institutional, corporate and private clients to grow and expand by providing world-class corporate, investment banking and brokerage services. BCS Global Markets includes regulated entities in the UK, USA and mainland Europe and is a member of MOEX, LSE, EUREX, NYSE and NASDAQ.
To manage the day-to-day CDD/KYC process, ensuring ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements and internal procedures. To present Key Risk Indicators relevant to financial crime at the monthly Conduct & Client Committee. To escalate issues and concerns promptly to the MLRO as and when they arise.
To assist the MLRO with systems and process improvements to identify financial crime and changes in financial crime risk. To ensure policies and procedures remain up to date at all times. To liaise with the business and other operational areas ensuring compliance with BCS UK AML policies and procedures.
To work as part of the Financial Crime Compliance team assisting with the prevention, detection and investigation of financial crime/AML/KYC issues, including money laundering, bribery & corruption and other regulatory malpractice.
Working as part of the Financial Crime Compliance team responsible for:
- Overseeing CDD/KYC checks and approvals conducted by KYC analyst and conducting such checks in his/her absence or as and when required
- Review and approval of high risk clients
- Monitoring the timeliness and accuracy of KYC and dormant account reviews
- Checking and presenting MI data at the monthly Conduct & Client Committees
- Referral to and presentation of high risk clients for approval at the Conduct & Client Committee where required
- Assisting the MLRO with the implementation of new Compliance systems relevant to Financial Crime
- Maintenance of detailed records of all investigations and findings
- Escalating unusual behaviour and activity to the MLRO
- Understanding BCS UK AML policies and procedures and the role of BCS UK in the context of its international activities
- Updating compliance procedures relating to AML and sanctions, ensuring they are up to date, fit for purpose
- Making recommendations for process and procedure changes to improve efficient working practices where appropriate
- Assisting in the provision of Compliance training where required.
- Representing and promoting Compliance, building relationships with other business and operational areas
- Keeping up to date with regulatory change, in particular change in an AML context