Consultant – Senior Consultant, Human Capital, Public Sector - Organisation Design – UK & Middle East,
With over 1,000 professionals in the UK, our Human Capital practice is renowned for providing distinctive depth and breadth of HR and organisation transformation services to clients undertaking complex major programmes. Human Capital sits alongside Technology and Strategy and Operations as one of three Competencies in Consulting at Deloitte.
Human Capital includes three Service Areas focused on HR Transformation and Applications, an Actuarial and Pensions practice and a Service Area focused specifically on helping our clients identify, manage and solve the people issues that accompany major transformation and/or cause businesses to perform below their potential. Called Organisation Transformation and Talent (OT&T), our practice brings together specialist expertise in project and programme leadership, change management and cultural change, organisational design, technology adoption, capital programme delivery, leadership, talent, learning and reward. We deploy these capabilities individually or, more commonly, in a blend as part of supporting major transformation programmes. Our Public Sector Presence
Our Public Sector practice has a strong and growing presence across Central and Local & Regional Government. We help our clients to deliver complex, business-critical engagements across all parts of the Public Sector including Defence and Security, Health and Social Care, Transport, Education, Welfare and Justice. Our strong relationships and the depth and breadth of our skills mean that we have been at the heart of some of the biggest and most ambitious programmes undertaken across government and local public services. We are a highly ambitious team, growing strongly and at the forefront of thinking of new iss ues around public management, such as the 'Future of Work', AI, Robotics and digital. Our International Reach
As a global organisation, we work with clients in the UK and around the world. As part of Deloitte's North West Europe firm, in the years ahead we are likely to work closer with our Swiss, Nordic, Belgian and Dutch colleagues to support clients throughout the region. We are also investing in the Middle East given the significant amount of transformational work in the region, particularly within the Public Sector. We are looking to leverage global best practice and strengthen our team that focuses on opportunities in the Middle East, in particular Saudi Arabia. It is therefore intended that these roles will be primarily targeted at projects in the Middle East but will also involve working in the UK and other regions depending on future demand. Your role
As part of the Organisation Design team within Human Capital's Organisation Transformation and Talent practice, we work with senior leadership teams to deliver value through people, by redesigning organisations to help them resolve some of the most complex challenging business issues and build competitive advantage through aligning their organisations with their strategies.
We provide our clients with the advice and delivery support that they need throughout the entire cycle of their organisation transformation programmes. Whether it is assessing, planning, supporting, managing, or delivering organisation redesign, we need the very best people to join us and strengthen our team even further.
As part of our Organisation Design team, you will deliver and lead elements of the planning, scoping and delivery of major organisation design projects across the public sector working in multi-disciplinary teams. This includes: developing effective operating models, assessing organisation structures for improvement opportunities, designing and delivering organisation design change, and identifying organisation design benefits.
We are currently recruiting for positions between Consultant and Manager. You will be a key member of any client facing team, and are responsible for contributing to delivering high quality client work, business development and practice development.
Within the role you will have responsibility for:
Organisation Design specific responsibilities
- Helping clients solve complex issues by performing analysis, providing recommendations and utilising a combination of experience, industry knowledge, tools, and technology
- Developing work plans for components of client engagements and leading the delivery of defined project objectives
- Managing one or multiple workstreams in client projects, coaching junior team members and producing high quality deliverables
- Working with a range of stakeholders, and being seen as a subject matter expert within client organisations and by colleagues
- Supporting business development by contributing to new business proposals and presentations and taking role in industry and accounts
- Contributing to internal practice development by participating in proposition, methodology and point of view development activities and supporting knowledge capture and sharing
Your work, your choice
- Delivering and leading components of end-to-end organisation design activities including:
- Organisation structure assessment
- Organisation design and implementation
- Organisation design benefits analysis
- Effective operating model design
- Working with senior leadership teams to translate strategic goals into effective organisation structures and operating models
- Assessing the structure of organisations using analytical tools and techniques, and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Building credibility with operational teams across a range of organisational stakeholders
- Helping organisations to navigate organisational change, through planning the implementation of new structures
- Identifying, quantifying and supporting delivery of the financial and non-financial benefits of organisation design
- Supporting the development of innovative approaches and ideas to deliver organisation design solutions to clients
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
The base location is one of our UK offices. The role may involve travel, working in different areas of the UK and likely overseas travel, particularly the Middle East and including Saudi Arabia.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
Your service line: Consulting
- Experience of working on Organisation Design projects (in line with the responsibilities detailed above) in a consulting organisation, or in an internal consultant role
- Experience of delivering organisation design approaches, such as operating model design, organisation design, implementation and benefits assessment
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams, and fast-paced project environments in waterfall and/or agile/hybrid-agile approaches
- Experience and knowledge of working in the Public Sector
- Ability to develop and manage excellent client relationships, including previous consulting experience, strong leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent facilitation, communication and data analysis skills
- Work effectively in a team environment and manage team members
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
- Fluency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to look at the bigger picture as well as have a keen eye for detail
- Ability to balance logic and analytical thinking with empathy
- Ability to handle multiple, conflicting deadlines without letting the quality of work suffer
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses
- Experience of leading business development activity in the organisation design space
- A willingness to travel and work in the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood
special award in 2016. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166059