Consultant, Cloud & DevOps Architect/Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, Business Operations, Consulting, London and Regional offices
Cloud and DevOps are revolutionising the way that businesses use technology. Do you have what it takes to lead the charge?
At Deloitte Cloud Engineering, we help our clients to realise the potential of the cloud by designing and implementing enterprise-grade cloud platforms for the UK's most prominent companies. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people and offer unique opportunities to learn, grow and lead in areas such as infrastructure-as-code, DevOps, container orchestration, CI/CD and microservice platforms. If you are as passionate and excited as we are about Cloud/DevOps technologies and solving the complex engineering challenges along the way, then we want you to join us on this journey.
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization. Your role
- As an expert in cloud-native platforms and solutions, you will guide our clients through their cloud journey and help them to architect, deliver and maintain scalable, secure and cost-optimised Cloud platforms. DevOps best practices will be second-nature to you both from an engineering and cultural perspective, and you will be a catalyst for adopting them to help our clients deliver faster and more reliably. Opportunities to get hands-on and into the detail excite rather than deter you - you are comfortable leading from the front and inspiring technical teams by example.
- You've also got the soft skills to match your technical expertise. You are great at cross-functional collaboration and bringing application development and business teams together to work on wide-ranging issues from what our test environments landscape should be, to how we ensure a successful production release. You are comfortable reporting to senior client stakeholders, sharing your experience of cloud adoption with them and building strong relationships.
Your work, your choice
- Alongside the work you do with our clients, you will also guide and contribute to our thought leadership to keep us at the cutting edge of the fast-moving world of Cloud and DevOps. You will provide technical input into our proposals and business development activities to ensure that we are credible and competitive in the market. Last but not least, you are proud to lead and be part of diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London or one of our regional offices, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity on a full-time basis. However, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
We would like our candidates to demonstrate a majority of the following essential skills:
- Experience designing and implementing secure and scalable cloud platforms to support industry best-practice trends such as containerized workloads and microservice architectures
- Excellent grasp of cloud solutions using one or more of major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and best practices including regulatory and security considerations
- Experience with the application development lifecycle and best practices involving source code management, application build, test and deployment
- Hands-on experience designing DevOps engineering tooling, CI/CD pipelines and deployment automation/orchestration processes (using Jenkins, Teamcity or other managed/self-hosted solutions)
- Infrastructure-as-Code experience using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Scripting/Configuration-as-Code experience such as Python, Ansible, Groovy, Bash and/or Powershell
- Strong ability to provide thought-through, clearly articulated, pragmatic solutions and recommendations to complex business problems
- Excellent technical communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex/technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with agile methodologies on software development lifecycle projects
- Management of teams and deliverables
- A proactive approach to learning and keeping abreast with the latest developments in Cloud and DevOps
Additional desired experiences include:
Your service line: Consulting
- Certifications in established cloud platforms
- Relevant experience in either Consulting or one of the following industries: Financial Services, Public Sector, Consumer Goods, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Energy and Utilities, Telecoms, Media, Technology
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BABSOP CFTECH LOCOFFICE
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 179046