See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date:
05 August 2019
Application Closing Date:
01 September 2019
Full time Level:
Analyst OUR IMPACT
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
In Finance Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us - a high return for the right risk taken.
Engineers in Controllers Tech ensure the firm meets all of the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Accomplishing this goal entails numerous activities ranging from derivatives pricing and profit and loss calculations to firm liquidity analysis to automated filings to external regulators. An ever evolving regulatory environment demands ongoing innovation to maintain scalable solutions in a changing world.
The Balance Sheet Engineering team is a skilled global group of highly motivated developers responsible for application development facilitating the computation, analytics and workflows around the firm's balance sheet generation, unencumbered asset determination, client protection as well as a host of regulatory reports and financial statements generation. The team has presence in Bengaluru, Jersey City and London.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- As a member of this group, you will work with multiple other teams to drive consistency, efficiency and reuse across engineering solutions via the delivery of common services, tools, frameworks, and practices.
- You will have the opportunity to impact one or more aspects of financial calculations and reporting, while working in nimble teams to provide technical products to meet our constantly changing business needs.
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that provides exposure to all areas of Finance
- Interface with other technology teams, federation and revenue producing divisions including Finance Controllers, Risk and Securities Division, to understand business needs and implement engineering solutions to functional problems
- Provide technical and thought leadership/ guidance
- Develop technical design, specifications & approach, high level/detailed architecture, testing strategies, and implementation plans for requirements
- Manage/ Execute end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and post go live maintenance SKILLS AND EXPERIECES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline required
- Strong understanding of Core Java, software architecture, software design, design patterns required
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and core programming concepts
- Experience of developing tools/solutions to support various departments/businesses and maintenance of the applications required
- Experience of creating visualisation tools and developing mobile applications required
- Familiarity with Python, C++/C#, Scala, Unix/Linux OS required
- Knowledge of object oriented programming, test frameworks, databases and security required
- Exposure to build tools including Maven required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Willingness to learn and use proprietary technologies
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement initiatives required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- Natural in multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team
- Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.