As a MID Associate, you will be required to provide ongoing quantitative analysis and financial recommendations on a variety of external and internal projects, including ongoing business performance.
The position involves minimal day-to-day direction and requires the flexibility to manage diverse projects simultaneously. In addition to the firm’s Executive Committee, you will have direct interaction with multiple front office units, as well as the firm’s Finance, Legal, HR and Operations departments.
You also will be required to act as conduit between these groups, and the ideal candidate thus will be able to excel in a multi-tasked, dynamic work environment.
• Performing ad hoc financial analysis as requested by senior management, including
reviewing data, producing models, synthesizing conclusions and developing
• Assisting in all aspects of corporate acquisitions, including initial planning, valuation,
formal due diligence, execution and post-closing integration.
• Helping front office managers develop new opportunities and manage existing
businesses in a manner that is consistent with the firm’s long-term strategic objectives.
• Collecting, compiling and translating complex data from several sources into standard
formats for use and review by senior management.
• Conducting market analysis on industry trends, clients, competitors, new product
offerings and external costs.
• Identifying and implementing new processes to achieve greater organizational
efficiency and effectiveness.
• Creating and maintaining internal general financial and reporting schedules as
Qualifications & Experience
• Undergraduate degree in a business-related field (concentration in finance, accounting or economics preferable).
• 3-5 years prior work experience in a business advisory environment (prior experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity or Big 4 accounting firms preferable).
• Demonstrated experience with complex financial modelling, such as valuation analysis (DCF, comparable comp), business case analysis (ROI, NPV) and cash flow forecasting.
• Familiarity with wholesale financial markets and product offerings, including interest rate derivatives, FX fixed income, equities, energy and commodities products.
• Excellent mathematical, writing, analytical and problem-solving capabilities, with high level of attention to detail and proficiency in both Excel and Powerpoint.
• Demonstrated business acumen and understanding of management theory, including organizational, financial, regulatory and operational strategy components.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including experience communicating with both external clients and upper-level management.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with others in high-pressure situations as well as work independently in absence of daily supervision.
• Competency with databases, including creating queries and manipulating data.