My client, a city based banking group, provide a comprehensive range of banking services including trade finance, personal banking, business banking, treasury services, commercial lending and private banking. They are looking to recruit a Credit Administration Officer to be responsible for Loan and Securities administration but to also get involved in some credit analysis work and risk assessment of BTL and Commercial Clients, which could also expand to trade finance / structured trades.
My client is looking for a dynamic individual with a proven background in credit administration / loans administration and an awareness of the fundamentals of Credit analysis and the potential to develop further with proper training and mentoring.
The ideal candidate will need to have a proactive and can-do attitude, with the ability to contribute to the improvement of the internal control environment.
* Collateral Management: Monitoring, managing and reporting on collateral documentation and ensuring they are up to date and viable. Monitoring inquiries, queries and flow of information regarding conveyance process(es) stemming from the banks solicitors and responding accordingly where required. Maintenance of the archives, securities and safe custody register.
* Credit Risk Systems (Flexcube) Facilities set up and maintenance (preparing disbursements, monitoring rollovers and repayments, fee instruction, input data in the system, collateral, etc.) in accordance with the terms and conditions approved; Limit set up, maintenance and follow-up. Working with IT and external consultants on Flexcube challenges. Monitoring and prompting management on limit breaches, lines expiry and system challenges
* Corporate Governance housekeeping: Assisting with preparation of Board Committee level documentation for quarterly meetings, ALCO & MRC documentations for monthly meetings. And CRECO weekly meetings. Prompting and booking ALCO/MRC/CRECO meetings and attending ALCO/MRC/CRECO meetings where required for minute taking.
* Operational Risk Management: Managing the Near Miss and Loss events register, Spotting issues that can be classed as near miss / loss events and prompt recording in the register, accordingly, Preparing quarterly report in this respect for MRC/Board level meetings. Assisting with the Bank's RCSA review processes.
* Credit portfolio management: analysis, decision, formalisation and processing contract amendments; calculation, collection and accountability of principal and interests; monitor credit contracts, limit control; collaterals and client worthiness); Ensuring collection of relevant information ahead of expiring of limits; Chase for, and ensure periodic info stipulated in facilities are obtained as scheduled; Loan queries with agent banks and borrowers; Ensuring proper management sign off has been presented for transactions in accordance with the banks credit policy.
* Advice re legal documentation: Working with business lines & TF to help reduce documentation risk in respect of their individual transactions. Offering support and assistance to the relationship managers in understanding complex loan documentation. Commenting on and where necessary in-house drafting and reviewing loan documentation. Facilitating discussion and best practices in respect of Condition Precedent and Condition Subsequent items with the firm objective of ensuring the banks security perfection requirements are always the primary concern. Ensuring facility letters and trade agreements capture the modus operandi of the Credit analyst reviews and approved proposals. Scrutinizing drawdown requests and confirming documentation risks are reduced to enable final sign off by the CRCO. Maintaining best practices on documentation requirements.
* Preparing ad-hoc reports for management and audit as required.
* Monitoring for daily excesses on approved limits and chasing the first line RM's for explanation/resolution by customers
* Initial focus on BTL and commercial clients, but this will expand to corporate, trade finance and structured trades and FI.
* Conducting second line risk assessments on new BTL proposals for CRECO review and sign off and conducting second line annual BTL reviews on existing clients and reporting on the account conduct
* Monitoring BTL market trends and any impact on the bank and its BTL clients.
* Conducting second line risk assessments on non- BTL proposals (i.e. commercial, corporate, trade finance and financial institutions) and making recommendations to the Credit Manager.
* Contributes to ensuring effective risk management across all of the bank's loans.
* Contributes to ensuring effective running of the Risk Dept.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Awareness of banks area of business and the products offered.
* The ability to spot potential issues in booking new products.
* Ability to read complex documentation and comment accordingly.
* Firm grasp of the conveyance process to be able to advise the relationship managers accordingly on best practice.
* Good understanding of lending and trade finance operations.
* Loans and securities administration.
* Credit portfolio management.
* Credit analysis fundamentals awareness and potential to develop further with proper training and mentoring.
* KYC processes.
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: