We are working with a world-renowned buy-side business, based in London looking for a Credit Analyst to cover multiple areas including Unsecured Corporates.
- Support the development and implementation of portfolio monitoring framework where required, as the company develops and builds out its credit analysis.
- Particular responsibility for the monitoring and assessment of the company’s non-FIG portfolio across all asset classes, monitoring compliance with credit risk limits and communication of credit information to relevant parties within the company on a timely basis.
- Monitor rating actions, company announcements and news flow for all non-FIG assets within the company’s portfolio. Stay up to date with sector research, government policy and macro-economic trends that could potentially affect the company’s portfolio. Perform regular reviews of all asset classes in the portfolio.
- Develop monitoring tools, gain access to research sources and develop relationships with external agencies including the regulator, research analysts, rating agencies and issuers to better understand all credit risks for all issuers in the company’s portfolio.
- Understand the rating agencies' criteria and methodologies applied on the company’s portfolio, monitor and analyse all rating agency actions and assess the potential implications for the portfolio. Understand internal rating methodologies to the same degree. Consider and challenge the appropriateness of ratings as part of the regular asset reviews and highlight risks and vulnerabilities to these ratings.
- Ensure rating changes (internal and external) are captured within the company’s systems on a timely basis (same day), and are communicated to relevant parties internally, including an analysis of capital impact. Reconcile the company’s ratings with external data to ensure accuracy ahead of month end reporting.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including the asset origination team, the risk team, senior management, and industry participants.
- Participating in industry events and staying informed through review of market research in order to monitor market trends and appropriately challenge new investment proposals.
- Minimum 2:1 graded BSc or equivalent from a reputable University.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with the fixed income market.
- Knowledge of Corporate Markets.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with a high level of proficiency in Excel/VBA and excellent financial modelling skills.
- Strategic awareness and professional maturity: enabling this individual to visualise and communicate quantitative and qualitative risks, and their implications firm wide.
- A self-starting, pro-active attitude. The company operates a flat, meritocratic working environment. Candidates need to be comfortable operating autonomously and demonstrate the ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior levels within the organisation;
London, £60,000-£80,000 plus very competitive benefits
Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.
For all other roles, please go to www.miryco.com