My client, based in the heart of the city of London, provide a comprehensive range of banking services to customers doing business from and into Nigeria and other West African countries. Their services including trade finance, personal banking, business banking, treasury services, commercial lending and private banking.
They are currently looking to recruit an Executive Officer to join their specialist Risk team. The role will be primarily to assess the Credit Risk for banks and sovereigns but there will also be the opportunity when required to support the CRO in other risk disciplines, such as market, liquidity, operational and emerging risk which makes this a really interesting proposition.
The successful candidate will need to have a strong background in the analysis and review of limits - sovereign banks and corporates and ideally have a strong knowledge of African / International markets.
The team and wider business offer a supportive, collaborative and friendly working environment and positive culture.
* The analysis and review of existing/new limits for banks and corporates (appraisal, financial analysis, recommendation and follow-up) ensuring compliance with internal policies and regulation)
* Monitoring the external ratings of counterparties
* Emerging markets country/sovereign risk analysis (structural assessment of the vulnerabilities, proactive crisis alerts, recommendation of limits, etc
* To participate in and implement new projects to develop credit and other risk management techniques and systems
* To assist the head of department in project/duties related to Risk Management (e.g. ICAAP, ILAAP, preparation of ALCO/MRC papers; review of risk policy papers etc.)
* To work as back-up for the maintenance of credit risk limits
* To work as back -up for the verification and authorisation of draw-downs, ensuring these are in line with conditions approved
* To assist with Committee (CRECO/ALCO/MRC) preparation and minutes, risk appetite adherence/compliance etc
Minimum requirements of the role:
* Experience and knowledge in emerging market sovereigns would be beneficial
* Knowledge of the applicable banking regulations
* Knowledge of banking sectors across EMEA
The role requires the following competencies:
* Flexible Problem solver
* Team player
* Excellent presentational and communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Strong financial analysis skills
* Good knowledge of internal control systems
* Ability to work under pressure
* Attention to detail
Closing date for applications:
9th September 2019
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: