Customer Operations Manager
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ in excess of 750 people and manage more than £8 billion on behalf of over 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates Octopus Energy, Octopus Real Estate, Octopus Investments, Octopus Ventures, Octopus Wealth and Octopus Renewables. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values. Job Description
As the Customer Operations Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day running of the Customer Operations team. This team support the Sales team by providing an excellent service pre and post-sale as well as ensuring applications are processed in a timely manner.
You will be product and customer focused with a clear emphasis on training and development for the team. There will also need to be a focus on maximizing the quality of the data and managing a relatively new team.
You will need excellent leadership and communication skills alongside attention to detail and good operations management experience.
Essential Job Functions
• Reporting to the Head of Customer responsible for leading, motivating and developing a team of c.10 sales operations with a view to optimising inflows and service to our clients
• Developing a new team towards continuously improved performance by monitoring progress on objectives and personal development plans
• Develop and implement new initiatives to run a more efficient customer operations strategy
• Delivery of regular performance reviews and coaching
• Ongoing 1:1s with team members
• Co-operate with other Octopus functions to ensure that everything is running smoothly
• Manage and co-ordinate the delivery of projects within the team. Ensuring that these are delivered within the timescales Qualifications
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
• A proven track record in sales and operations combined with strong team management skills
• Must have previous management experience
• Must be able to form and execute a plan for identifying, hiring, training and developing employees into a world-class sales operations team
• Must be comfortable communicating messages in a clear and concise manner in front of both large and small groups
• Will be comfortable operating in an environment of constant change. A strong eye for detail