Data Analyst - Agribusiness Intelligence
Agribusiness Intelligence, a leading provider of market intelligence across the agricultural and commodities value chain, is looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join its central London offices. This is a great opportunity for a data analyst who is keen to learn and play a leading part in the development of a market-leading product offering. The Data Analyst will have responsibility for the systematic gathering of strategically important data sets (typically price or markets data), its storage, quality and output.
Reporting to the Head of Data - Agribusiness Intelligence, you will collect and analyse data from a variety of sources to provide market insights across these various specialist agriculture sectors. We are seeking a Data Analyst who has an attitude to learn different technologies while maintaining and developing data assets through primary and secondary research. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Support the team in collecting price, market, industry and any other relevant data in a timely manner as required by the various business units within Agribusiness Intelligence
- Develop data validation processes so the quality assured data is published
- Develop relationship with various sources and gather data regularly
- Work with analysts, developers and other members of the Data team to streamline technical processes in Excel and other technologies
- Take full ownership of the assigned business stream for quality and timely update of the data
- Some experience in Excel and Access preferred
- Good communication skills and experience of working within a team preferred
- Strategic thinker with the ability to problem solve and comfortable working autonomously
- Ability to liaise with the editorial team, third party stakeholders and the wider business
- A desire to keep ahead of new and evolving technologies
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.