The Requirements Join us in London as a Data Engineer
What you'll do
- We're seeking a talented Data Engineer to build a robust, secure data engineering and analytics environment that will drive business growth and customer satisfaction
- You'll be creating scalable solutions that make Esme more customer focused and data-driven, and will be seeking to apply machine learning to drive automation throughout the business
- In this role, you'll be working with a small team of data analysts and software engineers to maintain the architecture and continuous development of the Esme Azure data warehouse
- While driving innovation in a fast paced Agile environment, you'll also make sure data is kept safe and secure
As a Data Engineer, you'll be designing and implementing clean, maintainable and performance minded data solutions using Azure technologies, such as Data Bricks, Azure Data Factory, SQL runtime integration, DevOps, Azure Administration, Power BI and other components of our platform stack.
We'll look to you to take ownership of the operational maintenance and enhancements of the data warehouse. You'll be working with the business units to see what data they're missing, and what would be insightful, and visualising that into reports and dashboards, as well as adding new data sources and external data feeds. You'll proactively make sure that business and customer data is safe and secure, and you'll be collaborating with the team to align data architecture and outputs with business requirements.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Building tools to automate data acquisition and aggregation
- Developing data models and table schemas
- Deploying sophisticated analytics programmes, machine learning and statistical methods
- Preparing data for predictive and prescriptive modelling
- Identifying ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Using data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Developing data visualisations using tools such as Power BI, to create dashboards, reports and notification tools that respond to business needs
We're looking for someone with a passion for data, and how to manipulate data, as well as a tenacious desire to learn. You'll have experience of automated data capture using Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory and Kafka for real-time streaming, along with experience working with a team using Agile methodologies and the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders in order to understand the data structures.
You'll have experience in designing and developing analytical systems that scale working with Databricks Hadoop, HBase, Spark, and other related technologies, paired with the ability to work in a constantly evolving environment and change priorities.
You'll also demonstrate:
How we'll reward you
- Experience of service to service architecture design
- An understanding of Dimensional data modelling
- Experience of NoSQL and Relational database technologies
- Knowledge of statistical tools and research methods
- Experience in designing, developing, and documenting well defined APIs
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .