Funding Circle are looking for a Data Scientist to join our model validation team.
Data Scientist - Model Validation
Who are we?
Funding Circle was created with a big idea: to revolutionise the broken financial system and secure a better deal for everyone.
We have created the leading small business loans platform in UK, US, Germany and Netherlands; a marketplace that directly connects credit worthy businesses with investors wanting attractive returns.
In just eight years, 80,000 Funding Circle investors have lent £5 billion to 50,000 businesses across the world. In addition, in 2017 lending through our platform created and sustained 75,000 jobs worldwide and contributed £4 billion to the global economy.
Funding Circle’s Global Model Risk Management team is looking to add an enthusiastic, smart, & results-driven lead data scientist to validate the integrity and comprehensiveness of internal risk models independently.
As our Data Scientist you will…
- Work within the group model validation team, interfacing with model developers and supporting the Head of Model Risk Management
- Partner with model development team and wider risk team to provide analytical input for the model development and credit strategy building
- Perform model validation and relevant quantitative analyses to test the performance of credit risk model, stress testing model and other risk models
- Review models with respect to accounting requirements, investor requirements and internal standards
- Communicate validation findings with stakeholders effectively
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of model validations
- Conduct analysis to support the validation management during ad-hoc projects or special investigations
- Work collaboratively with model development teams across the company to achieve best practice
What are we looking for?
- Strong technical and quantitative skills with background in Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics or similar fields
- Proficiency in analytical tools like R, Python, Excel VBA, Tableau
- Experience of developing or validating retail and corporate credit risk model is an advantage
- Proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods
- Excellent ability to translate complex problems into clear and simple stories
- Open minded, collaborative, great to interact with Identification with our Mission, “To build a better financial world”
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.