A prestigious international corporate bank, are seeking a Deputy for the Head of Legal & Compliance, covering all areas from regulatory, financial crime and legal across the business' subsidiaries. This is a great opportunity for a strong manager to step up into a more senior position, and deputize frequently for the Head whilst they are in Ex-Co and strategy meetings.
Your skills for success in this role:
- Experience in a Compliance / Financial Crime leadership role ideally within mid-sized international banking environment with at least 10 years professional experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Money Laundering Regulations, JMLSG, and the FCA principles for the banking and financial services sector
- Ideally experience managing a team (or deputising where necessary)
- A willingness to commit to the business, helping them to grow by ensuring they are well protected from a risk perspective
Your main responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures of the bank to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations with respect to Compliance and Financial Crime
- Manage day-to-day operation of Financial Crime function, including oversight of business, operations and support functions with respect to Compliance and Financial Crime policies and procedures
- Develop and implement a Compliance monitoring plan to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of internal systems of control with respect to Compliance and Financial Crime
- Perform Financial Crime Risk Assessments for areas including KYC, AML, Sanctions, ABC, Fraud and Market Abuse
If you think you could be a good candidate for this role, please apply below!