This position is responsible for designing, implementing, documenting, and monitoring desktop solutions to improve the overall user experience. This is a fast-paced, global, buy-side organisation who are seeking a dynamic and driven individual to join their team on a Fixed Term Contract.
- You will be responsible for the build, deploy and maintenance of mobile platfroms including IOS products, Windows laptops and Macbooks.
- Responsible for the functional and administrative management of critical systems; proactively manages and monitors desktop vulnerabilities, deployment systems, and desktop standardisation.
- Provide support including training, mentoring, acting as subject matter expert for certain software groups, answers questions, along with representing the group in large multi-divisional projects.
- Provide front-line support for Trade Desk environment, including installing and configuring market data applications and interfacing directly with the traders and senior management.
- Develop and track performance measures and analyses results to determine best system configuration.
- Manage significant break/fix situations and installations of software upgrades as projects on the software that they are assigned.
- Proven financial markets experience from an Asset management or Investment banking background
- Detailed understanding of Mac OS and iOS platforms and the deployment of these systems in an enterprise
- High level understanding of the Operating System (Windows 7, Windows 10) and the underlying infrastructure that they support
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Desktop Support Analyst in a financial environment
- Excellent market data experience to include either Bloomberg or Factset
- Proven experience in providing support in a Citrix environment is essential for the role
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to formulate information into shared documents
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of management
- High level understanding of the Microsoft SMS/SCCM environment
- High level understanding of Packaging languages: Install Shield and Wise Packaging tools and a high level understanding of MSI packages
- Good understanding of the Anti-Virus infrastructure and procedures
- Active Directory – Policies, Groups, and Users
- Ability to provide 24x7/365 support through on-call rotation
- Provides 24 hour pager support and performs off-hours support as needed