Digital Collections Lead Product Manager
It is envisaged that the Lead Product Manager taking this role will be responsible for a team spanning product management and sales ,formulating and executing EMEA Digital consumer Payments strategy , access to credit card acquirers in order to integrate credit and debit cards into Citi's increasingly expanding portfolio of payments & receivables products that service ecommerce clients
The Lead Product Manager will be required to understand the intracasies of credit/debit card acquiring in EMEA and how local capabilities can be made available to Citi's global clients through Citi's existing and new customer interfacing channels.
The person in the role will also need to identify and incorporate relevant value additions to the proposition. Example value adds include fraud prevention capabilities, comprehensive reporting, reconciliation capabilies, payment routing capabilities. The Product Manager will need to have extensive knowledge of the payments landscape and the requirements of ecommerce clients to formulate the correct product strategy
A key requirement of the role is also the incorporation of emerging capabilities into wider TTS Cash Management solution suite to deliver a comprehensive value proposition to global clients
Significant investment is planned over the next 4 years to provide our clients with capabilities to support their emerging requirements
The Product Developer is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Recognized subject matter expert within one area. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Is an acknowledged authority both within and outside area of expertise. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication is typically required. Provides advanced judgment and conducts in-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Required to think beyond existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas. Significant impact on a function and/or the business through making decisions that determine technical approaches and strategies for the area. Responsibilities:
· The Product Developer is responsible for all activities related to the development of new products and/or features and functionality of products including developing business cases, requirements definition (BRDs), product enhancements innovation, feature and functionality definition based on market and industry research and trends and client needs
· This role manages the end-to-end product development lifecycle and will also scope product releases, agreeing to and tracking business priorities, incorporating regulatory and compliance requirements and investment tracking
· This role will also define and manage product development processes, scope product releases, identify new opportunities to address business priorities, incorporating regulatory and compliance requirements and investment tracking
· Creates a product vision aligned to business priorities and corresponding road-map to delivery
· Follows market, industry and client trends to own field and adapts them for application Citi's products and solutions platforms
· Conceptualizes, plans, prioritizes, coordinates design and delivery of products or features to product release, and serves as product ambassador within user community
· Works in close co-ordination with Technology, Business Managers, Sales and senior stakeholders to fulfill the delivery objectives
· Manages and implements a wide variety of products and solutions
· Has responsibility to deliver significant direct business results and authoritative advice regarding product development that necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy
· Partners with senior business leaders and a widely distributed global user community to define and implement solutions
· Creates clear and specific project plans, business and technical requirements documents for product execution
· Has direct interaction with business managers, technology, and sales to understand their long term vision, discuss industry trends, and incorporate them into the product & solutions strategy
· Focuses on controls and governance, including performing Need-to-Know based security and access reviews, Access Approvals, controls testing and documentation
· Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency. Essential requirements:
• Good understanding of payment gateway solutions, clearing processes, Card Acquiring ,credit & debit card processing, settlement prices, and clearing house operations
• Good knowledge of the risk dynamics and responsibility between banking partnerships
• Good understanding of compliance risk management
• Understand customer needs and ideally have a good working knowledge of Client behaviour's in multiple geographies
· Extensive and solid experience within Digital Consumer Payments and this must include solid managerial experience
· Proven track record of successfully managing in a large and complex business
· Intellectual curiosity, analytical and conceptual
· Proactively seeks and develops new opportunities
· Thorough financial acumen and P&L management experience
· Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
· Proven track record of bringing diverse groups and perspectives to work against a common goal
· Ability to maintain momentum and minimize client attrition
· Ability to establish and maintain senior client relationships and to work across multiple facets of Citi businesses
· Process Management knowledge with a propensity for detail and comprehensiveness of content
· Ability to collaborate and clearly communicate with senior members of an organization
· Project Management skills with experience leading large cross functional initiatives
· Proven track record as change agent, with ability to encourage and embrace innovative ideas and solutions
· Knowledge of Forecasting platforms, database management and tools is preferred, not required
· Self-aware with ability to adapt to various situations, rapidly assimilate and report on complex information while creating a future vision
(1) An appreciation of client needs and identifying viable solutions
(2) Drive product strategy for Citi's card acquiring solutions to ensure they address emerging client requirements coming from both traditional and emerging client segments
(3) Define and drive the build of new capabilities using internal and/or external providers
(4) Product Commercialization
- Partnering with relevant units to support and drive market management
- Identifying and addressing Client Trends through thought leadership material and product packages
- Extending share of wallet by better articulating our global value proposition
(5) Determining the pricing framework for applicable products
(6) Putting in place an effective Operations and Service Model for applicable products
(7) Risk, Control and Regulatory oversight of applicable products
(8) Leveraging regional product teams and cross functional partners to ensure Citi's products are made available consistently across the network
(9)It is envisaged that the Lead Product Manager taking this role will be responsible for a team spanning product management and sales Education:
· Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
• Relevant Business Analysis qualifications
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .