Principle Accountabilities and Duties
· Process all aspects of advising New L/C’s including seeking FI approval, checking workability of L/C’s, and ensuring required Service Level Agreements are met.
· Process amendments as required.
· Ensures that documents under letters of credit are first checked so that a response can be given within agreed turnaround times.
· Ensures that any discrepancies in the documents presented are referred to the customer/beneficiary/presenting bank within 3 working days or sooner if required and are dealt with in a timely manner.
· Effects payments/acceptances under letters of credit and deals with the disposal of the documents, (including discounting where necessary).
· Effects payments under letter of credit reimbursement authorities.
· Responds promptly to all payment related queries and enquiries
· Other duties: including processing Import L/C’s and Documentary Collections, (Export/Import).
· Assist with any other Trade Services related roles as required by the Manager, Trade Services or Head of Trade Services.
Risk & Regulatory Duties
· Maintain knowledge of all applicable regulatory requirements including the Bank’s Risk and Compliance policies and procedures and adhere to these.
· Report policy, procedure and/or regulatory breaches or suspicions to Manager or Head of Trade Services.
· Accurately execute all controls within own area to minimise risk of policy, procedure, and/or regulatory breaches.
· Identify any new risks/control gaps within own area and escalate accordingly to your Line Manager and/or Head of Trade Services. Financial Crime
· Act as the “First Line of Defence”.
· Responsible for the accurate execution of Financial Crime Prevention controls in accordance with the Bank's and Departmental policies and procedures.
· Ensure Due Diligence/Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) is carried out, where applicable, on all parties to the Trade transactions and maintain appropriate records
· Be vigilant to unusual or suspicious transactions and report any suspicions to the MLRO.
· Ensure adherence to the Bank’s AML, Financial Crime and Anti-Terrorism policies and procedures. Training & Competence
· Maintain working knowledge of UCP, ISBP, URR and URC.
· Complete all annual mandatory regulatory training as per the Bank's training plans and deadlines.
· Act in accordance with the FCA/PRA Code of Conduct. Business Continuity
· Fulfil all prescribed business continuity requirements as set out in the organisational or departmental specific plans or as instructed by the line Manager/Head of Department.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills, and experience required:
· 5 GCSE’s or equivalent level of education, and documentary credits experience, or a suitable combination thereof.
· PC skills, including Excel, Word, spreadsheets, and database applications.
· Previous Eximbills experience an advantage.