EMEA SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, ALTERNATIVE ASSET SERVICES
Alternative Asset Services delivers investment administration, middle office services, investment data analytics and investment data management to Northern Trust clients, mostly asset owners who are invested in alternative assets. The product management function supports the lifecycle management of the product line, from ideation to post launch support. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for executing the strategy for the hedge fund investment administration and investment analytics products as outlined by the Lead Product Manager, Product Executive and Head of Product Management. Responsible for the product management lifecycle activities such as defining the target client segment market and evaluating industry trends and uncovering opportunities, the senior product manager will also perform launches and post launch assessments. Key Responsibilities:
• Develop market insight by defining the target client segment markets and evaluating industry trends (EMEA and APAC primarily)
• Support Lead Product Manager with strategy formulation by aligning cross functional teams, uncovering opportunities and determining lifecycle state
• Shape the value proposition, develop the business case and define the marketing mix model as part of the new product planning process
• Lead in introducing new products to the market by securing risk approvals, publishing marketing material and conducting sales training
• Assess industry movement and refine value based pricing post the launch of new products
• Engage with relevant industry bodies, consultants, competitor organizations, vendors and other relevant third parties
• Provide sales support including presenting at client and prospect meetings
• Carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and / or ambiguous issues
• Display a balanced, cross functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
• Conduct post launch audits, track product success, analyses P&L, metrics and KPIs. Make recommendations for improvement to marketing activities Qualifications
• Experience in product management with demonstrated experience in the financial industry
• Knowledge of EMEA asset owner client base is preferred
• Knowledge of alternative asset return calculation, performance attribution and index construction, and understanding how these concepts factor into the investment decision making process of our asset owner clients is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Proficient in constructing logical and conclusive presentations, distilling complex subject matter into management-ready materials
• Knowledge of business strategy development is necessary to provide long term planning and manage the profitability of the assigned products
No relocation paid - Could be based in London or Limerick (providing that the senior product manager is ready to travel a few times a year to London)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.