Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you challenge the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Work directly with the trading and structuring desks to take our global cross-asset market leading internal and award winning client platforms to the next level.
– Work on rich web applications using HTML5 and modern web technologies integrating with Java RESTful services infrastructure
– Take ownership and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment
– Be comfortable within a fast moving Agile team delivering in weekly cycles
– Embrace the complex derivatives on the platform and enjoy the challenge of simplifying and rationalising them
You’ll be working as part of the Solutions Trading development team in London. The London team is part of a broader global team delivering multiple award winning technology solutions for the Dynamic Strategies and Actively Managed Certificates business areas. Dynamic Strategies are algorithmic products that observe market movements and drive performance according to prescribed criteria. Actively Managed Certificates are a convenient wrapper that allows a third party investment manager to package a strategy in a UBS issued note that can easily be distributed to multiple investors.
– Deep experience in architecting and developing large and complex UI applications
– Strong experience with modern JS paradigms and ES6+ features such as async/await, Promises, classes, fetch, websockets, functional programming
– Experience with build pipelines e.g. Babel and Webpack
– CSS experience including responsive considerations, flexbox model, and pre-processors such as SASS or LESS or CSS in JS e.g. CSS Modules or Styled Components
– TDD experience (e.g. Mocha, Chai, Jest, Enzyme).
– Hands-on experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration and Test or Behavior driven development
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work as part of a global team
You may have:
– Server-side Java development experience, including expertise in multi-threaded programming and RESTful web services
– Experience of Microsoft Azure or other cloud offerings
– Experience of relational and non-relational database
– Successfully applied solutions to meet non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability
– Experience with test automation (Selenium, Cucumber), or JS automation (e.g. Headless Chrome/Puppeteer or Cypress).
– an excellent communicator with strong internal client relationship skills
– passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
– proactive and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
– keen to learn and adopt new technologies
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.