My client, a leading Financial Services provider and investment bank, is looking to recruit an Equity Finance Middle Office analyst to join their European Equity Finance Middle office team who support all elements of the London Equity Financing desk and providing global support for the international stock loan & financing businesses. The role of the team includes managing credit, counterparty and operational risk around collateral and margin obligations with a wide range of clients as well as partnering with the trading desk to provide a high level of support for the firm's clients.
The successful candidate will provide support for the equity finance desk including trade support, reporting and managing monthly billing with a key focus on keys controls to support this expanding business whilst allowing it to continue to develop. The successful candidate will be part of a business critical team that is focused on building the firms capabilities in equity finance.
* Working within a control focused environment, with processes that are performed at the highest level, minimising any operational risk and closing key breaks in a timely manner.
* Ensuring clients margin calculations are performed daily, to reduce risk, satisfy client's requirements and comply with market standards.
* Support various client requests and build and maintain strong relationships.
* Calling in and monitoring settlement of all returns and recalls to/from clients.
* Building and maintaining solid internal and external relationships to aide with fluency of process.
* Extensive liaison with the stock loan and financing desks to maximise collateral efficiency and control and to enable prioritisation of key issues.
* Close liaison with settlements on the movement of stock, in order to minimise the number/value of failing trades.
Decision making and problem solving
* Show ability for streamlining process flows and solid problem solving skills, while providing flexibility for change management when necessary.
Skills & Experience:
* The role requires someone with strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with a senior audience.
* Experience in Middle Office and knowledge of Equity Finance would be a preference or coming from a Security Operations environment
* Numerate, detail-focused.
* Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment.
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: