Equity Research - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Feb 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is uniquely committed to being an essential part of our clients' investment process. We strive to be the sell-side research provider that best understands the buy side. Through relevant and timely conversations with leading investors, we focus resources on risk-reward essentials: identifying the investor debates, assessing the potential outcomes, and uncovering the evidence our clients need to validate their investment decisions. Our equity analysts cover some 2,900 stocks; our economists, strategists and fixed income analysts cover all major regions and other asset classes around the globe.
Morgan Stanley Equity Research is looking to hire an Associate, based in London.
• Help write thematic sector and company research reports.
• Prepare pre-results and post results updates on companies.
• Develop relationships with internal and external clients including company IR departments.
• Attend company and industry presentations and conferences.
• Generate value added investment ideas for our clients.
• Manage all the client requests and take ownership of the all the analysis the team leader requires.
• Speak to clients and broke product ideas.
• Build and update financial models on companies within the sector.
• Create and maintain detailed information databases and valuation comparables and be responsible for all the model updates across the space.
• Experience building and maintaining financial models is essential.
• Equity Research experience is essential.
• Experience in either Retail, Consumer, Energy, Pharmaceuticals, Banks / Financials, Industrials or TMT sectors is highly desirable.
• Top class undergraduate degree or equivalent from a leading university.
• Strong verbal and written skills.
• A curious, creative mind.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) Qualification, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or an Advanced Degree is preferable.
• Demonstrable passion for the financial markets.
• Proven team player.
The closing date is 14/03/19
The salary for the role is competitive
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.