Equity Valuation Control EMEA, AVP (Flow)
The Finance division at Credit Suisse aspires to be the best Finance division in the industry and a core driver of the bank's vision. Our focus is to manage the bank's capital, funding, liquidity and expenses to ensure we are well capitalized and have a strong enough balance sheet to withstand adversity and uncertainty.
We are committed to drive cost efficiencies, improve control, quality and efficiency of our information and to engage with the businesses to actively prepare the bank for regulatory changes. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We need to attract the best people and engage, grow and retain talents through a rewarding and inclusive partnership culture.
Equities Valuation Risk Control team is a specialist team within Product Control responsible for independent valuations, model validation, model governance and regulatory reporting. This is a technical role which supports the Investment Bank's global Equity Derivatives businesses. The role is high profile with direct exposure to Front Office management and senior Product Control management.
Valuation Risk and Control (VRC) is primarily responsible for executing the independent Inventory Valuation control aspects of Product Control's primary role as the financial guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities.
The candidate will work within the EMEA Equity Valuation Risk Control (VRC) function, which supports Equity divisions comprising Structured Equity Derivatives, Prime Services and Fund Linked Products.
Other responsibilities include:
- Building trusted relationships with senior stakeholders from a business and regional perspective. This role has global coverage and requires effective communication with senior stakeholders across Trading, Market Risk, Accounting Policy, Model Validation & Quantitative Strategies.
- Execution of monthly IPV process and associated analysis.
- Production and oversight of global management information packs.
- Providing timely and thorough analysis and commentary for price testing and performing unauthorized trading detection controls.
- Validating the rationale of financial and regulatory valuation adjustments.
- Conducting Fair Value Measurement analysis and advisory.
- Approval of new product and new business reviews from a valuation perspective.
- Review and approval of valuation methodologies.
- Analyse and review control gaps in existing processes to mitigate operational risk.
- Process and system enhancement via automation.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working. You Offer
- Strong Equity Valuation Control experience
- Extensive experience in a Valuation or Product Control related function.
- Master's degree in finance, economics or quantitative-related subject.
- A recognised professional Finance or Risk Management qualification e.g. FRM
- Highly numerate with excellent product, financial modelling, and risk and valuation technique knowledge.
- Outstanding communication skills, able to articulate complex issues clearly and succinctly to senior management.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and accountability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Knowledge and experience of data science techniques e.g. Python, VBA, for process automation.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Closing date: 18.09.2019
Salary Offered: Competative