Phoenix Asset Management Partners is a boutique asset manager based in South West London with circa 15 people. We are looking for an experienced fund accountant to join the team in investment operations. The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working autonomously and can demonstrate a high level of attention to detail in their approach to work. This role will involve working in a combined “back of house” team of 6 people who are responsible for fund accounting, compliance, risk management, marketing and investor relations.
Core Fund Accounting:
- Full shadow NAV calculation daily across multiple funds (OEIC’s, Investment Trusts and Managed Accounts).
- Calculate expense accruals including management fees and performance fees on a daily basis.
- Manage the monthly capital transactions process with the Transfer Agency team
- Reconcile class level P&L allocations on multi-class funds
- Reporting fund level information to senior management on a daily basis.
- Dealing with administrators, custodians, execution brokers, auditors and other third- party providers.
- Year end fund audits. This involves working with auditors and administrators to prepare fund year-end financial statements
- Onboarding and implementation of new funds
- Cash and position reconciliations to third parties.
- Income and expense processing and reconciliation.
- Processing dividend accruals on ex-date.
- Proxy voting.
- Corporate actions.
- Analyse daily fund returns and investigating discrepancies, where necessary.
- Assisting with regulatory reporting, when required.
- Monthly net asset value reconciliations to administrators.
- Monthly client reporting.
- Managing projects as and when required.
Trade Life cycle
- Responsible for all elements of the trade life cycle
- Trade matching and settlements. This involves working with brokers and custodians to ensure trades settle in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of the PROXYEDGE database
- Liaise with the Investment team on voting instructions
- Prepare ad hoc reports on voting records for clients
- Daily monitoring of all shareholding positions
- Threshold reporting to regulators and to the investment team
- Initial identification of any breaches.
- 5 years’ fund accounting and operations experience.
- Educated to a degree level in a finance related subject.
- Understanding of nav. per share calculation on multi-class funds
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills.
The role will require:
- High quality and accuracy in fund operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility in working across a variety of tasks.
- Self-motivated with evidence of being able to work with limited supervision.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Team-focused, effective working with others.
- Will be sent directly to the Head of Operations at Phoenix Asset Management Partners