Extended Assurance - Senior Manager/Director - Wealth & Asset Management, London
At EY, our Financial Services Assurance Team is fully integrated, working across borders to help clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result. The opportunity
Extended Assurance is part of our Financial Services Assurance practice and provides ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the execution, governance and controls around processes that do not impact the financial statements.
Current turbulent markets are driving significant changes to all firms' internal processes, e.g., through regulatory reporting or demands for better or new management information. The processes require a broader set of controls than those traditionally used for Financial Statement reporting, including the requirement to address a wider suite of risks. Your key responsibilities
EY's Financial Services Extended Assurance team works with clients to provide assurance that an organisation's business activities are operating effectively in addressing these challenges. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting clients with controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Practical experience of regulatory topics including Internal Audit, Prudential Reporting, Client Money Reviews (CASS); Suitability, Conduct of Business or Financial Crime.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Practical experience of conducting Controls Assurance projects; such as risk assessments of the design and suitability of control frameworks with an ability to provide robust challenge (including reporting under ISAE 3402 or similar frameworks)
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Professional qualification ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA.
- Degree qualified ideally with a 2:1 or equivalent
- Extensive market knowledge/network in the wealth/asset management industry
- External audit or internal controls / audit experience at Senior Manager level or equivalent
- Specific practical experience of regulatory topics including Prudential Reporting, Client Money Reviews (CASS); Suitability, Conduct of Business or Anti Money Laundering is beneficial
- Particular industry specialism experience preferably in Wealth & Asset Management
What we look for
- The ideal candidate will have a mixture of Practice and Industry experience
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have the opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now. #LI-P