The brokerage arm of a large multi-billion dollar US hedge fund is currently in the process of building out its London office. They are looking for a highly competent finance professional to be the ‘first boots on the ground’ for the finance team here. This exciting opportunity would suit someone with circa 5 years post qualified experience in a hands on financial / management accounting role. The position offers excellent exposure across their wider business and scope to take on considerable responsibility.
If you have reached a ceiling in your current position and feel the time is right to step up, this role could be for you! The successful candidate will play an integral part in a number of strategic initiatives that the company will embark on as they look to scale up their business in London.
This role is fantastic opportunity for someone looking to apply themselves in a challenging and dynamic environment that will greatly enrichen their learning curve thus expediting their career to a Head of Finance / CFO position. There is also excellent compensation on offer with a very generous bonus scheme!
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely month end closure and reporting
- Report and manage daily liquidity and wider treasury duties
- Research and analyse the accounting/finance impacts that arise from the firm’s new business initiatives or strategies
- Identify areas for operational improvements and establish efficiencies and enhancements of reporting through automation
- Maintain a strong financial and operational control environment, implementing robust financial controls and procedures as required
- Prepare VAT and Corporation Tax schedules for quarterly/annual tax filings
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts in accordance with UK GAAP and liaise with auditors
- Production of financial regulatory filings and calculation of the Firm’s regulatory capital requirements
- Oversee other cost-related duties (Accounts payable, Group service charges etc.)
- Ad-hoc projects/tasks as required
- A number of years of experience in a broker / dealer / asset management firms, preferably as a Junior Financial Controller or Finance Manager
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record required
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualification
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Excel, possessing the ability to develop efficient and controlled procedures
- The role requires a hands-on approach.