Outstanding opportunity to join a financial services firm which can offer you immediate exposure to Managing Partners, and where you will become a key component of the decision making processes. Would suit an ambitious Accountant with a background in Management Reporting/FP&A, Financial Control, or potentially Product Control.
Employing over 600 professionals across 25 locations, my client continues to experience growth with two more european offices due to open next year.
They have expanded their UK Operations by hiring from top tier Investment Banks, Corporate Finance and Consulting businesses, creating an entrepeneurial high performing team with a real focus on team work and knowledge sharing.
The role will have direct exposure to all seniority levels internally and will involve interaction with key internal stakeholders across the UK and with Head Office. In addition, you will also play a key role in supporting the strategic development of the UK team from the financial side, improving control and automation of current financial processes to increase efficiency. My client provides its employees with significant responsibilities while supporting their learning and development.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly financial analytics, expense reporting and headcount reporting, working with leadership teams in multiple locations to review deal flow, and provide insightful analytics on opportunities and threats to each office
- Monitoring of external accounting providers (in our subsidiaries outside the UK)
- Assist with the UK annual statutory accounts and audit process
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and FCA filings; assistance with corporation tax and transfer pricing matters
- Preparation of bi-weekly leadership team meeting packs
- Development of improved controls and policies within existing workflows
- Suggesting and implementing changes (e.g. via automation, simplification, standardisation etc.) to support our business needs and growth
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from senior management
- Supporting the implementation of corporate development opportunities
- Liaising with Corporate Services on group reporting matters
We are looking for ability, and attitude above 'X' number of years of experience. We recognise the broad nature of the role will mean that the successful candidate will have to learn new skills and they will be fully supported.
This is a rare opportunity. Due to the structure of the business, You will be supporting and in daily contact with the Managing Partners, working for the Finance Director who in turn reports to the Group CFO.
No two days are the same and You will need to be excited by this prospect! You will have a range of tasks across management reporting and business planning, financial accounting, tax, working alongside the broader UK team.
Education and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in a finance function, preferably with some management reporting experience
- Postgraduate finance qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA) preferred
- Proven history of process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but open to candidates with alternative experiences
Role requirements / Key Competencies:
- Strong interest in banking and financial services
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; proficient in the use of the rest of the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of SAP would be an advantage, but training will be provided
- Excellent problem solving and data-handling skills demonstrating analytic rigor and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of automation of financial controls & analytics would be helpful
- Well organized, self-motivated and eager to learn
- Ability to take ownership of a task whilst working under pressure
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to contribute your own ideas and work autonomously
- Strong team player with the ability to collaborate with colleagues globally
- Communicates with impact across different levels of seniority and shares information with others
- English proficiency (verbal and written) is a requirement