Financial Director (Part-time)
The position involves working part time (2-3 days per week) for an established, entrepreneurial private equity fund making equity investments of between £5m and £20m in growth businesses in the UK and, occasionally, abroad.
The successful candidate will work directly with the senior team in order to oversee outsourced administration, accounting, reporting, HR, compliance, and financial operations across both funds and SPV investment holding structures. They will also be involved in the structuring of new investments.
A successful candidate would have 2-5 years relevant experience as a financial controller or above in a small PE fund manager. Key accountabilities include:
- Coordinate with the outsourced administration/accounting/compliance provider to the fund manager to ensure payroll, expenses, invoices, payments, management accounts, annual accounts, audits, budgets, VAT returns, tax returns, general compliance and FCA reporting are all timely and accurate.
- Coordinate with the outsourced administrator to the fund entities to ensure timely and accurate invoicing, reporting (quarterly and annual), audits, drawdown notices, distribution notices, IRR calculations, investment-related compensation and general administration are all timely and accurate.
- Monitor portfolio performance, including ensuring appropriate quarterly valuations for financial reporting purposes.
- Oversee all elements of cashflow forecasting for the fund management company, the funds, any SPV holding structure and any co-investment vehicles.
- General oversight of corporate governance and compliance, including requirements to hold Board Meetings, Shareholder Meetings, minutes and company filings, and monitoring adherence to the team’s policies and procedures.
- Perform special projects and analysis on an as-needed basis, including transaction support on new investments.
He / she should have:
- Fully qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Private Equity fund accounting and investor reporting experience required
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, accounting software (eFront, QuickBooks, KPMG Connect preferable)
- Sound commercial awareness
- An understanding of investment and financing structures
- He / she should be a self-starter with a strong team ethic, and entrepreneurial in approach.
Location: The role is based in Victoria, London
Remuneration: Competitive – base salary, bonus, carry