Our client is a global financial technology (FinTech) provider of front & middle office solutions for Investment Banks, Asset Managers and Hedge Funds, looking for a fixed income portfolio risk and performance analytics expert to join their growing multi-asset solutions team. Working with an award winning analytics platform, this is a client facing role engaging with customers to help them manage their portfolio risk and increase their efficiency for fixed income risk and return attribution through effective use of the platform. In partnership with clients to support their use of the analytics platform, you'll ensure its integrated as best as possible into their investment process, solve analytical problems that arise and optimise their efficiency using the risk tools (i.e. risk reporting, VaR and tracking error analysis, return attribution, stress testing, portfolio hedging and optimisation etc). Besides this being a varied client engagement role in an enterprising environment that will test your fixed income risk expertise, and give you a lot of exposure to many investment institutions, there is ample opportunity for career growth in a variety of roles depending on your personal interests.
Appropriate candidates will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience in fixed income risk management and portfolio performance analysis, with the ability to explain risk and return attribution models, and at least 3+ years domain experience gained on the buy or sell side. It would be even better if your fixed income experience included the use of derivatives i.e. credit & interest rate swaps etc (not a pre-requisite though, and in such case you'll have ample learning opportunity to learn).
- Your Fixed Income expertise, intelligence and personality are most important so our client is open to a variety of career experiences such as at an Asset Manager or Hedge Fund in a Risk Analyst, Performance Analyst, Fixed Income Analyst, Portfolio Analyst, Derivative Pricing / Credit Trading type role, or at a technology company or consultancy.
- Experience with any of the following example risk management solutions or similar would be an advantage: Point, UBS Delta, Yieldbook, MSCI, BondEdge, Factset, Bloomberg Portfolio & Risk Analytics or similar etc.
- A creative approach and ability to present complex information in a clear and structured way
- Excellent data analysis skills
- This is client facing role, so must be customer focused and comfortable in such an environment with excellent written and verbal communication, besides having a consultative problem solving approach.
Excellent career opportunity with well respected global company, offering the chance for a risk practitioner to bring to further build their knowledge & experience in order to consult with best of breed risk solutions in a varied and client facing role.
Remuneration: Basic upto c£80,000, bonus & benefits.
Keywords: portfolio analysis, risk management, risk analyst, risk analysis, performance attribution, performance analyst, VaR, derivative valuation, derivative pricing, fixed income, credit derivatives, asset managers, buy side, asset management, fund management, hedge fund.
Since 1999 Excelsior Search has been partnering with financial technology (FinTech), data and research providers to the global capital markets and investment industry. Whilst supporting immense technological change the past two decades, using our deep niche industry and specialist talent acquisition expertise we play a key role in helping our clients build high performing teams across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Creating win-win situations
We work passionately in close partnership with fintech companies to secure for them the very best talent available globally, delivering win-win solutions all round:
✓ The companies we partner with hire proven top performers whom can make a dramatic difference to their business i.e. by providing strong C level leadership, build great products and realise true sales potential.
✓ By only partnering with the best companies in the sector, we add significant value to the careers of the industry professionals placed and hiring executives, enabling top performers to shine and meet their own career goals and earning potential.
Companies we partner with
We recruit for providers of financial technology, market data, investment research and consultancy services. This also includes partnering with private equity & venture capital companies, fintech innovation labs & hubs playing an important role developing the fintech ecosystem.
Roles we fill
C level down and across all company functions; executive management, sales & business development, marketing & communications, client servicing & relationship / account management, systems implementation & consulting, product management, sales engineering, finance, legal & compliance.
Track record of hiring and extensive industry networks in: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, Sao Paulo, London, Paris, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Vienna, Zurich, Dubai, Cape Town, Sydney, Singapore & Hong Kong.