Full Stack Software Engineer
The Requirements Join Bó in London as a Full Stack Software Engineer
What you'll do
- You'll be at the forefront of iterative and incremental software deployment to a cloud based production environment
- It's an opportunity to bring the full weight of your technical and non-technical expertise to a fast paced, collaborative environment
- You'll join a small, friendly, non-hierarchical team
- Whatever your experience, you'll dive in to solve technical, process and design problems
At Bó, you'll have a real opportunity to grow, working with full stack technologies, including Kotlin, helping us deliver customer focused propositions, and experimenting with new ways of working. You'll apply leading-edge technologies and customer-centric designs to deliver an exciting and innovative proposition.
You'll have a hands on role that encompasses development and delivery with a broad mix of languages and technologies. We embrace a DevOps approach to building software. That means many things, including a test-driven approach to coding, continuous integration and deployment.
The skills you'll need
- Use your up to date understanding of industry best practice to tackle complex problems where there might be no proven route to success
- Shape and implement strategic products, and ensure that our proposition stays on the leading edge of technology
- Experience a broad tech landscape trying different teams, one week at a time, until you find the one that suits your skills and abilities best
- Demonstrate a real passion for development and an appetite for continual learning
- Handle complex dynamics and exercise judgement in the development and implementation of strategic plans
You'll bring the ability and desire to work collaboratively and build strong working relationships across all levels and functions, along with strong delivery focus.
You'll have experience of hands-on development and delivery with a broad mix of languages and technologies across the full stack, we don't mind what you currently code in. It would be beneficial for you to have knowledge of Kotlin back end or React front end, but if not, you'll have the opportunity to learn it with us.
You'll also need:
How we'll reward you
- Experience of working with Agile, Lean or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as TDD, BDD, Infrastructure as code are valued but not essential
- Core engineering principles and experience of working in an environment where delivery is important and testing is taken seriously
- To be an analytical thinker, able to handle complex dynamics and exercise judgement in the development and implementation of strategic plans
- Strong personal drive and the ability to reshape, reconfigure and realign solution and delivery approaches as needed
- The ability to handle complex dynamics and exercise judgement in the development and implementation of strategic plans
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At Bó, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.