GFS Fund Accounting Financial Reporting Consultant
The role is within Northern Trust's growing UK Fund Accounting team. This team looks after more than 10% of all UK Authorised Funds for numerous Fund Management clients. The role is to work within a centralised Financial Reporting oversight team. The successful applicant will be responsible for the oversight and sign off of all client's Report & Accounts and distributions whereby the production of these functions is located in another jurisdiction. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• To oversee, review & sign off the timely production of another jurisdiction's UT, OEIC, and CIF interim and final report and accounts. This will include sign-off of distribution rates and proofing of SORP accounts to the required standard.
• Communicate professionally & effectively with other NT Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, and Clients (the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service), ensuring that they are more than satisfied at all times.
• To deliver a quality service to our clients and take the necessary corrective and preventative actions to ensure all KPI deadlines and quality standards are met.
• Support the development of the production jurisdiction and actively provide feedback on performance to local managers.
• Continually assess the oversight team's processes to improve efficiency, reduce risk or cost, as well as assisting in the enhancement of revised departmental procedures for use as a training tool. SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• The applicant should currently hold a Consultant or Senior Accountant position, or previously held that position within another financial services environment.
• As an absolute minimum the job holder should have passed the required FCA Training & Competence exams (or have been "Grandfathered"); however, additional qualifications are expected.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with other members within their team, other internal department, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors and the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service.
• Able to work under pressure to achieve the timetabled deadlines for delivery to our client's deliverables, with a mature approach.
• Possess strong written skills with numerical and computer literacy - including strong spread sheet skills with Excel plus Word, Lotus Notes and Invest One Enterprise.
• A good knowledge of the FCA regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts and OEICs i.e. COLL, and the most recent IA SORP. About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.